We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studio tours that are worth while

PA
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Topic
Studio tours that are worth while

We will have limited time to explore the "Hollywood" side of LA and would like to include a tour or two of a few studios there. We would just like to see some "behind the scenes" things with a good tour that does not take all day. We are not interested in rides (can do that in Orlando, which we visit almost every year.) We are really looking for a true Hollywood experience that is unique to LA. A studio with a good amount of history would be ideal. Thank you!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Studio tours that are worth while

Sounds like you should skip Universal then. The other choices are Warner Brothers, Sony and Paramount. Warner seems to be well regarded on this forum and runs their tours more frequently than the other two studios, so you might want to look at their tour first.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Studio tours that are worth while

Definitely the VIP Warner Brothers Studio Tour- It's excellent.

The Sony Studios Tour in Culver City is pretty neat also.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,636 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Studio tours that are worth while

It is Warner Bros., never Warner Brothers, the company doesn't spell out the brothers part.

It is a good tour but my favorit is the Sony, formerly MGM, Studio. It was where they filmed the Wizard of Oz and all the great MGM musicals, you recognize the sets from so many movies.

Paramount would be my third choice behind Sony and WB.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Studio tours that are worth while

Apologies, Warner Bros.

I'm sure that is a common mistake.

PA
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Studio tours that are worth while

wonderful! I think we might try all three:) Is paying the extra $$ for the VIP tours worth it?

Parsippany, New...
Level Contributor
289 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Studio tours that are worth while

Mirabella, you said "we"....don't know if you will have kids with you or not, but Warner Bros. is the only one that little kids can go to. Forget the age limit, but my 10 year old can't go to any other one but Warner Bros.

PA
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Studio tours that are worth while

Good to know! This trip it will just be me and my husband though:)

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,716 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Studio tours that are worth while

Actually, there is no 'extra money' involved when it comes to the WB tour. Their STANDARD tour is called the "VIP Tour".

9. Re: Studio tours that are worth while

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 11:16