We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in LA

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay in LA

Hello -

I am planning a trip to LA at the end of this month. I will be attending a concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall, and will be arriving the day before and staying a couple of days afterwards. I have reviewed some of the info on this site, and while helpful, I still feel a bit overwhelmed and am not sure where to stay! I hope to do a few of the typical tourist activities (i.e. walk of fame, chinese theater, etc), also possibly visit the Getty Museum, Santa Monica. Will probably have a rental car. Not really interested in nightlife, clubs, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in LA

What's your budget for the hotel?

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in LA

Sorry, should have included that info in my original post. I would say less than 250$/night. Thanks!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in LA

From what I understand, hotels are very full this month and through the summer. I would first see what's available for your dates and then post options here. In your budget, look in West Hollywood or Hollywood.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,718 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in LA

When you say that you 'have reviewed some of the info on this site', does that include the FAQs section or TOP QUESTIONS section? If not, take a look at one of those as the information is broken down by topic, there.

5. Re: Where to stay in LA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:17