We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Prices

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Prices

Hi

Arriving in LAX this August and have a car quote for 18 days for £576.17 (including tank of fuel and additional driver). It's with Carhire 3000 so it'll be one of the main brands. I checked with them and this has no mileage limitation (as we still don't havea confirmed itinerary).

For those with experience, is this a reasonable deal for car hire in August from LAX (it works out at £32 a day)? Do you have any tips on getting the price any cheper? Kind Regards

Susan

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Prices

Also take a look at usrentacar.co.uk too. They also provide all in one prices.

Others have mentioned Netflights and Virgin.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Prices

Thanks, I've checked out usrentacar and it's about £30 cheaper (taking into account the price of a tank of gas). I'll try the others to see if I can get it any cheaper still.

One other question, on the different rental packages, the ones I'm looking at all have CDW, however the preium package has no excess. I'm sure that when I spoke to someone at the rental company they said that CDW means no excess. Any ideas?

3. Re: Car Rental Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 23:17