We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel advice please

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Andover, United...
Level Contributor
829 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel advice please

We have booked to stay at Beverly garland for 3 nights in sept but not so sure now so might look for a change

Some reviews suggest its a bit out the way for tourist attractions ect ect...

So could someone suggest somewhere else that maybe close to tourist attractions

Places I would like to visit are

Walk of fame

Kodak centre

Hollywood sign at least be able to see it

Universal studios / Disney

Would like to stay somewhere that may have some nice restaurants close by so we have choice of different foods

Don't mind paying a bit more for hotel

We have a car for our stay in LA but would like the option to use local transport

Any help would be appriciated

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel advice please

That is a LOT to do in three days, for most folks Universal Studios is a Full day, the Disneyland Resort, which consists of two seperate Theme Parks, on average, takes 3 days to do most of the shows and attractions. (Of course, some opt for a "highlights tour")

In Hollywood, the corner of Hollywood and Highland gets you access to the Walk of Fame, the Chinese Theater (Hand and Foot Prints of the stars), a good view of the Hollywood sign, and the Dolby Theater (used to be known as the Kodak Theater, home of the Oscars and the current show, Iris).

Based on your comments, I would look at the Loews Hollywood Hotel at the Hollywood and Highland Center, you have all the "walking" distance stuff right there, an easy Public Transit option to Universal Studios (just take the LA Metro Red Line from H&H to Universal City, and walk across the street to catch the free shuttle to the main entrance of the park and CityWalk.

The one LONG day would be a full day at Disneyland. The park opens early, and stays open late, especially on the nights that the park offers Fireworks and Fantasmic!. I would but this in the middle of your trip, and drive. As in leaving the Hotel around 6 AM to help with traffic and to get to the park by opening....

If you prefer an Apartment Style Hotel that comes with a kitchen with dishes, pots, pans, etc, I would look at the Orchid Suites or the Magic Castle Hotel.

http://www.hollywoodandhighland.com/

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,480 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel advice please

Most of what you list is in one place, Hollywood. Look in Hollywood for your hotel change.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel advice please

I just spent 3 nights at Loews Hollywood hotel, and the location is excellent for all you want to do, other than Disneyland. Disney takes so much time I would prefer to stay in Anaheim to take full advantage of the parks. I think that it would be better to drive to Hollywood/Universal from Anaheim than to drive to Disneyland from Hollywood.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel advice please

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Walk of Fame in Highland Avenue and would stay there again.

Its not a very old hotel, has large rooms, a smallish pool, free hot buffet breakfast .. and walking distance to everything you want - except Disney... but I agree with the others, you need to stay in Anaheim for a couple of nights to do that. Saves on travelling time, which cuts into your day.

Harvey, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel advice please

The Sofitel in Beverly hills is a great spot for all listed attactions except for Disney - too far

We stayed there last year and loved it.

6. Re: Hotel advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 10:16