We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lax t7 to t6

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Elgin, Illinois...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
lax t7 to t6

I am flying in from Chicago into terminal 7. LAX will 43 minutes be enough time to get off and get to terminal 6 for my connection.....

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,781 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lax t7 to t6

Not at all - not even sort of. You need two hours between flights in case of the first flight delay - and security into the second terminal can take 45 minutes, alone.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lax t7 to t6

FYI, Terminals 6, 7 and 8 are all connected behind the security area, so no need to go through security again.

But it is tight, especially if your first flight is delayed. Most flights want you at the gate at least 15 minutes prior. But if things go right, it is doable if your luggage is checked through.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,104 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lax t7 to t6

I am with yogachik. I would at least get a couple of hours between flights and not risk any flight with a less than one hour layover

We have walked from the secure areas of 7 to 6 and the walk from one end to the other can take 5 to 7 minutes if you rush plus you have to allow time to get off the plane.

Would not do the same connection time at ORD either. Even if you run and you have checked in bags, chances are with that short a connection there is a small chance your bags may not make it if you are delayed

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lax t7 to t6

Is the itinerary all on United?

Elgin, Illinois...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lax t7 to t6

yes all is on united

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lax t7 to t6

I think you should be ok as long as the flight from Chicago is not delayed. If United ticketed that connection, then they have to guarantee it, so the worst that could happen is they would have to put you on the next available flight.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,104 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lax t7 to t6

Agree with spap about United if it is on one ticker What is your final destination ?

If there are no frequent flights to that spot you will be in a bind. If there are why not book a longer layover and save some hassle or is the ticket more expensive ?

You can check the on time arrival stats for that flight and gamble with this data

If you need help on TA it helps to be more detailed instead of one line answers back and forth

Edited: 02 August 2012, 18:13
8. Re: lax t7 to t6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 22:18