We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepaid transfer from LAX to Princess cruises departing San

Brighton, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Prepaid transfer from LAX to Princess cruises departing San

I currently have prepaid my transfer from LAX to San Pedro Cruise ship port; for a cruise that I am taking with Princess Cruises in mid October. Does anyone know where and how I meet the Cruise rep. at the airport on day of sailing so that I can be transferred to San Pedro. I plan on flying into LAX a day early and will stay at an airport hotel that offers free shuttle to and from the airport. Maybe someone has done this transfer before and can be of help or recommend a hotel. I am a senior lady travelling alone and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Kimpton Everly Hotel
Kimpton Everly Hotel
#1 of 356 hotels in Los Angeles
Magic Castle Hotel
Magic Castle Hotel
#3 of 356 hotels in Los Angeles
Sunset Tower Hotel
Sunset Tower Hotel
#1 of 19 hotels in West Hollywood
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prepaid transfer from LAX to Princess cruises departing San

I would contact Princess Cruises directly and ask your question. LAX has 9 different terminals, and a restrictive pick up policy.

I presume that when you get your tickets, there will be a detailed explanation.

The lower level of LAX is where the Transportation pick up areas area. The center island is identified by different zones by color.

Brighton, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prepaid transfer from LAX to Princess cruises departing San

Tickets will be picked up at pier so that's too late. I have called Princess twice today but the help desk that I spoke with tell me that I should buy their air farw and hotewl package to be sure of how this works. They can't give me any idea of prices "as only my Travel agent can" / sounds kinda "hooky" if you ask me but didn't get anywhere so first thing tomorrow, I'll be checking it out. Thanks for your time!

Suitcase 1 from Canada

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,316 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prepaid transfer from LAX to Princess cruises departing San

A couple of my friends are Cruise Ship Greeters at LAX. They meet the landing passengers who have bought the transportation package, and walk them to the waiting shuttle busses outside. Usually when you arrive a day early (good idea) the package includes a hotel. Any hotel they have to choose from would be decent.

So.Cal
Level Contributor
366 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prepaid transfer from LAX to Princess cruises departing San

You probably do have to book your airfare through the cruise line in order to use their LAX>ship transportation, though occasionally I've seen exceptions. If you did not book air with your cruise, then you may need to make other arrangements. If Princess is telling you that you have to go through your travel agent, then you probably used a travel agent to book your cruise, rather than booking directly with Princess. So...a couple of options for you:

If you did book with a travel agent, talk to him/her and see what they can do to help.

Another option, one that will provide you with lots more information about your cruise and the whole process, is to visit CruiseCritic.com - a website devoted to cruising, that is affiliated with Trip Advisor. Click on "Boards" on the home page to see all the different forums. In addition to general question forums, there are specific forums, or roll calls, for each specific cruise. Here's a link to the list of Princess cruises:

boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php…

Once you get there, look for your ship and sailing date, and join in the conversation. You might ask if any others will be on your flight and arrange to share transportation to the pier. You might also check the "West Coast Departures" board, under "Ports of Call". Transportation options between LAX and San Pedro are a constant topic of conversation.

Brighton, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prepaid transfer from LAX to Princess cruises departing San

Your info is most useful. I spoke to my Travel agent today and I have booked a hotel for my arrival night. The hotel shuttle will pick me up to take me to the hotel and return me to the airport on the morning of my cruise. Travel agent said, "be sure to be dropped off at arrivals and not departures!" Agent suggested being back at the airport for 10 am. as ship starts boarding at 12 noon. I will try and confirm this with Princess. Thank You again for the info.

Suitcase 1 from Canada

Brighton, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prepaid transfer from LAX to Princess cruises departing San

Great Links! Thanks!

Suitcase 1 Canada

7. Re: Prepaid transfer from LAX to Princess cruises departing San

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 01:17