We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best cheap hotel west hollywood.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
best cheap hotel west hollywood.

I`m finalizing my hotels for our trip and wondered if anyone could reccommend a good cheap hotel in west hollywood or near.

I`ve come across the hollywood historic hotel, is it any good?

We would need a car park and wi-fi.

Thanks

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,732 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best cheap hotel west hollywood.

A few things...

1. Please tell us what a cheap hotel costs in U.S. $

2. West Hollywood, by nature, is not an inexpensive neighborhood. There are 'less expensive' places but they are motels (really, really, really basic places to stay, where you park your car in front of your room and traffic is whizzing by your windows). Is that what you're looking for?

3. The Hollywood Historic is in Hollywood which is a neighborhood in the city of Los Angeles. West Hollywood, meanwhile (which you've mentioned in the title of your posting) is a CITY next to L.A.'s "Hollywood" neighborhood. Hollywood does have less expensive hotels than West Hollywood but the Hollywood HIstoric, for example, is not in central Hollywood so, you'd need to drive to everything -- there are no shops, restaurants, etc within walking distance. Is that okay?

4. What are your EXACT travel dates?

5. How many people is "we"? How many beds do you need?

6. Re: the car park and wi-fi: are you prepared to pay for them? Most hotels do not have free parking except for inexpensive motels. In short, what star-rating are you looking for? 2-star (basic), 3-star (medium), 4-star (luxury)?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best cheap hotel west hollywood.

sorry, i guess it is more Hollywood that we want. We are an older couple, travelling around SW usa for 3 weeks on a bit of a budget. We will be in LA for 3 nights at the end of September. We are not fussy, hence wondering about the historic hotel. We would like to be fairly central to things and hope to get to universal studios.

A motel would be fine with free wi-fi and parking.

The historic hotel seems to tick the boxes, i was just wondering what people thought of it or if they could specifically reccommend another place.

We also looked at the Hollywood guest inn, Rodeway inn and the Best inn. The budget would be up to $100.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,732 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best cheap hotel west hollywood.

The Hollywood Historic is on the edge of Hollywood -- nothing to walk to, e.g. restaurants. You'd need a bus (or 2) to get anywhere. It's not FAR away; it's just in an area that's pretty quiet and 'out of the way'.

Wow! You guys are sure waiting until the 'last minute' to book. September is a 'fringe month' like May when the weather is still good but hotel rates are less than summer. $100 is low, even for Hollywood and if you're including the 15.3% room tax in that $100, then you're really looking at a 'room rate' of $86 which will begin to limit your choices. At the last minute, well, let me see what I can find....

BTW, do you know how to use the 'hotel finder' here on Trip Advisor to find hotels in a certain neighborhood? You haven't provided your exact dates so I'll use 27 Sep to 30 Sep. (You can change the dates in the left-hand column of the following linked page. Link and SCROLL DOWN for the list of available hotels. Note: the properties are in 'ranked order' -- first in the list is preferred, and so on):

http://tinyurl.com/8hhgs5u

The Coral Sands looks like the best deal.

Another option is to try a travel discount website like hotwire.com. The site doesn't disclose the name of the hotel until you book it but provides a description, approximate neighborhood, star-rating and price. For the above dates, hotwire.com has a 3-1/2 star property in the Glendale-Burbank-Universal City area for $111 (+ room tax). This is MOST PROBABLY the Holiday Inn Universal City aka Beverly Garland Hotel. The hotel is in the North Hollywood neighborhood which is just north of Hollywood and offers a free shuttle to Universal Studios and the nearby metro rail station at Universal City which has regular trains to central Hollywood (5 minute ride; trains run every 12 minutes).

This would be a 'step up' from a motel but would be a little bit outside of Hollywood. Your choice! But don't wait too much longer to book. The booking offered by Expedia.com and Hotels.com for the Coral Sands can be cancelled at no charge -- but read the 'fine print' -- so if you're uncertain, I'd recommend booking the Coral Sands so you have something 'just in case'.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best cheap hotel west hollywood.

Have a look at these hotels in Hollywood, which are located within walking distance of everything Hollywood has to offer, and there is a metro station on the corner of Hollywood Blvd and Highland Avenue.

http://magiccastlehotel.com/

http://www.orchidsuites.com/

This website below is for a huge shopping complex on that same corner.

http://www.hollywoodandhighland.com/

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best cheap hotel west hollywood.

Quality Inn on La Brea in Hollywood is sometimes in the $100 range. I can also recommend HollywoodCityInn.net, nice clean budget spot.

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best cheap hotel west hollywood.

Hiya,

we stayed in Hollywood Liberty hotel last year, it was very cheap with free breakfast, wi-fi and free parking.

Booked it with Hotels.com via quidco to get 10% cashback too.

It's no Ritz, but location as excelent, hotel is clean.

Hotel is also 3 min walk to subway station on corner of Hollywood blvd and Highland, it is only 2 stops to Universal studios there.

Hope you have amazing time!

7. Re: best cheap hotel west hollywood.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2013, 10:16