We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

e-z rent-a-car los angeles

Regina, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
e-z rent-a-car los angeles

read some bad reviews of this company but all i can say is we rented a vehicle and were extremely happy. for under 100 bucks for two days we got a mustang that couldn't have been more than a yr or 2 old, seemed as good as new anyways, and fun to drive on the freeways and the coast. gps and no deductible insurance. car was clean and immaculate inside and out, rental went smoothly, shuttle drove us right to our gate and we didn't wait more than 2 min. for him to pull up. my gf worked at a car rental agency for years and we were skeptical as the price was so much cheaper than everything else but we couldn't have been happier with the car, the service and the price.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,897 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: e-z rent-a-car los angeles

Hi, Max

Please give us the details. What kind of car did you rent? What options did you take? What insurance? What was the total you paid? In looking at e-z-rent-a-car's website, it looks like their rates are not competitive compared to the major car rental companies and they don't appear to have their own private shuttle vans to take you to and from the airport. Did you have to use the shuttle van for the LAX Easy Park parking area?

Also, it would appear that they only include 100 miles per day with each car rental if you live in the 'local area'. What does 'local area' mean? L.A.? California? the U.S.?

Their website also says that cars can only be returned during business hours yet the website also says that they're open 24 hours per day.

Their website also says that they don't accept debit cards unless the renter is 'non-local', whatever that means, and warns that it could take 10 days to have the $200 'extra expenses' hold returned to the customer once the car is dropped off. That means that you won't have access to that money to use for hotels, meals, etc.

All of the reviews on Trip Advisor for this company are negative. In fact, in looking at the internet, all the reviews for this company are negative except for the ones in E-Z's own website. So, please give us the details of your car rental and tell us how you came to select them since all of their reviews are negative.

Lastly, their website has Mustangs for $160 for 2 days (without an additional insurance or options). How did you get a rental for $50 per day?

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,435 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: e-z rent-a-car los angeles

max v: What else did you do in Los Angeles other than rent a car? Any tips or suggestions about hotels, restaurants, attractions, things to do?

I would not dream of signing up for TripAdvisor just to plug a car rental company. Now that you are here, you can help your fellow travelers with other helpful tips and information.

Thanks!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,897 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: e-z rent-a-car los angeles

Yes, dd, I'm anxious to learn about the OP's experiences, driving that $50 per day Mustang around the L.A. metro area -- as well as the answers to all of my previous questions. I hope he follows up.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: e-z rent-a-car los angeles

Glad it all worked out, but I can't say a one or two year old car is much to get excited about when renting.

Mound, Minnesota
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: e-z rent-a-car los angeles

I returned my Hyundai Accent from E-Z rent a car at LAX on 11/21/12. This was by far the best car rental experience I have ever had, beginning with the shuttle from LAX. We didn't have to wait at all for the shuttle, and the ride to the rental location was about 5 minutes. There was no line, and my reservation was waiting and in order, even though I arrived an hour and a half earlier that I stated on the reservation I made on the internet. The agent didn't even try to talk me into all the unnecessary insurance or gas extras , the rate was exactly as shown on my internet receipt. From the time I arrived at the counter until I was seated in the car was less than 5 minutes! The return on the busiest air travel day of the year (the day before Thanksgiving) was just as fast and easy as the pick up process, and for $14 bucks a day with unlimited miles, this is the best bargain I've found in a long time! I do not hesitate recommending E-Z as your LAX car rental choice.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: e-z rent-a-car los angeles

While I can't prove anything, amazing that we have a couple of one post folks that write posts that seem to be ads...

Here are some other reviews...

https:/…

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,897 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: e-z rent-a-car los angeles

Dark, you might be onto something. The above 2 posters have not posted anything else on the Forum. They've never asked a question about L.A. before their visits here and they've posted nothing about their vacations here afterward. They've posted no hotel reviews or made any other contribution or inquiry to Trip Advisor except for their reviews about their rental cars. (Do you think they didn't like our city very much? Well, at least they had a great, affordable car to drive!).

Crystal Lake...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: e-z rent-a-car los angeles

I want to warn folks to think twice about renting from this company. I rented from E-Z Rent-A-Car in Los Angeles because they were cheaper but learned it's best to pay a little more and rent from a reputable company. This company is not reputable; they don't even have their own shuttle bus and rely on the nearby Sheraton Gateway to transport their customers. After a flight delay, my two young children and I arrived to LAX and waited for half an hour with no shuttle. I called the 407 area code number only to be told to look for the Sheraton Gateway shuttle which required I move my 6 bags and two small children from the Car Rental area to the Hotel Shuttle area. Not an easy feat! When we arrived at their rental "shack" (basically a mobile office sitting in the corner of the parking lot) we waited for another half hour as it took a while to get to the counter with only 4 people ahead of me. When our turn came, we got to the counter only to learn they had canceled our reservation because we got there in the afternoon instead of the morning. We were late because our flight was delayed. I was told cancelling a reservation is common practice during high travel season (late December). No where in my reservation paperwork did it say this and no where did it indicate I needed to look for a Sheraton Gateway shuttle. I was traveling solo with my two young children and lots of bags and no staff offered to help me; they weren't even sympathetic and did not offer any possible solutions. There was a nice family behind me in line who were as shocked as I was and offered to help me with my bags. I could kick myself for not researching this rental car company beforehand (like I do hotels and attractions) because I would have gone with one of the majors. I now consider their cancelling my reservation a blessing in disguise because it sounds like they are a really small operation and don't take very good care of their cars since they are constantly turning them over to customers with little time to service them - even for a car wash. I am highly suspect now of the maintenace condition of their automobiles. Please be careful if you choose to rent from them - the buck you may be saving may not be worth it! God Bless!!

Roswell, GA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: e-z rent-a-car los angeles

Worst car rental experience EVER! Stay away. Waited 35 minutes for shuttle, which dropped us off at the Sheraton Lobby, so we had to schlep with luggage around the block and across the street to the car rental location. They start you out with 1/4 tank of gas, which is weird. Had a flat tire on the highway outside of San Diego -- no owner's manual in the car. Tried to change the tire, but couldn't figure out how to get the spare off (invisible slit underneath the floor mat lifts up to show the bolt). Local EZ Rental office totally uninterested in helping us, left on the side of the highway. Vehicle was fine, but the service sucked. Switched out the car in San Diego; on return to LA, took 40 minutes to return the car. NOT WORTH IT!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,625 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: e-z rent-a-car los angeles

What !!! e-z is that bad ? Oh I am shocked to hear ?

By the way how was your vacation. Those are things we would love to hear about. There are always people (see all the other threads) who are going to rent from this company and then come on TA and complain. BORING !!!

Dont get it why people SEARCH for that company AFTER renting instead of reading reviews or searching for that company BEFORE they rent ? Sorry you had this bad experience btw

Edited: 22 April 2013, 20:59