We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearby Restaraunts to the Getty Museum

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
98 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Nearby Restaraunts to the Getty Museum

Other than the restaraunts in the Getty Museum are there any other ones nearby?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,783 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearby Restaraunts to the Getty Museum

No. The Museum is up on a hill. You'll have to drive out to get to other restaurants.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
98 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearby Restaraunts to the Getty Museum

are the restaraunts at the museum good?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,666 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearby Restaraunts to the Getty Museum

The cafe at the Getty is excellent. No need to search elsewhere. I assume you are referring to the Getty Center?

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
98 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearby Restaraunts to the Getty Museum

yes i was . thanks for your feedback, do you have to amke reservations or just arrive?

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearby Restaraunts to the Getty Museum

Originally, you had to make a reservation to visit The Getty. No more.

Yes, the food at the Getty tends to be excellent. I notice they change the menu often. Years ago I noted a peanut butter & jelly sandwich on the menu. On a lark, I tried it. It was astonishingly good. Lunch on the patio on a sunny day is a quintissential L.A. experience. Enjoy.

There are some more formal options, which I've never tried. If you're there in the evening, they may be more appropriate.

Be sure to read the reviews.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32655-d14…

HTH

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nearby Restaraunts to the Getty Museum

We ate at the Getty cafe. Picked up premade sandwiches and a drink and ate on the patio with a view. Amazing. I have never had a better sandwich in my life.

http://www.getty.edu/atcenter/food.html

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,921 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nearby Restaraunts to the Getty Museum

Getty Center and Getty Villa have nice self serve cafes, with lovely terraces. Eat there.

For a wild splurge and quintessential LA experience, the Hotel Bel Air is a 10 minute drive from the Getty Center. Nothing in LA beats lunch on the terrace there, IMHO. Not the place for jeans or shorts, though--think casual elegance. Dreamy. And if there are no stars present when you eat there, know that you'll be surrounded by the ghosts of hundreds of stars past....

My idea of a perfect day in LA just might be lunch at the Bel Air (terrace only) and a visit to the Getty Center.

Edited: 26 September 2012, 21:03
Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nearby Restaraunts to the Getty Museum

Re: Hotel Bel Air.

Duly noted.

9. Re: Nearby Restaraunts to the Getty Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 15:18