We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LA for one night / hotel near airport

salsa savant
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
LA for one night / hotel near airport

Hello, we'll be staying in LA for one night while wait for a connecting flight. We'll be arriving in late afternoon early evening and then getting up early so there won't be a whole lot of time to sight see at all, so we're basically looking for a place to rest our heads that is safe, clean, has a pool (outdoors?), airport shuttle (?), and is not really really expensive. Any Thoughts?

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,512 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LA for one night / hotel near airport

Our lovely contributors only recommend clean hotels in safe neighborhoods so you have nothing to worry about on that score.

Please help us to help you by providing the following info:

1. What is the date that you're looking for?

2. How many persons are traveling with you? How many beds do you need?

3. What is your budget per night for a hotel (sorry, we don't know what "not really expensive" means).

4. What time is your departing flight? Is it international or domestic?

salsa savant
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LA for one night / hotel near airport

I'll hedge my bets with what people provide. Thanks

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LA for one night / hotel near airport

Courtyard by marriot and Hilton Garden Inn El Segundo are both very good. Foghorn Harbor Inn in Marina del Rey is also close by. And hotwire usually has the 4 star hotels near the airport at great prices on Fri Sat and Sun

salsa savant
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LA for one night / hotel near airport

Thank-you very much for these handy tips. I'll take a look @ the Foghorn. It sounds interesting. cheers

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,512 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LA for one night / hotel near airport

Hope you make the right bet!

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,609 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LA for one night / hotel near airport

"I'll hedge my bets with what people provide."

Hey, no problem! Good luck! Glad we could help.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LA for one night / hotel near airport

Hi

we travel to LA for business every year and three years ago we found Hilton Garden Inn El Segundo, which is perfect.

Its rated No1 on this forum for El Segundo which is right near the airport

There is also a metro rail station right outside, which must take you places, however we never use it as we have a car

The place is absolutley clean, the service is faultless (the staff are undeniabley the best staff we have found in all the hotels we use accross the states...special mention to Justin who always greets us with a smile and warm welcome). The rates are very reasonable (approx $100 pn when we travel) wifi included and they have a great restuarant that serves really really good food, not just hotel food that is really reasonable

Hilton Garden Inn

1-310-726-0100

Give them a call, you wont regret it, and say Hi to Justin for me if you book!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,693 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LA for one night / hotel near airport

Hi Linda, I remember you from before when I suggested the Hilton Garden Inn to you. Good to hear you still like staying there even a few years later. I think you even spent a night at the Shade Hotel in Manhattan Beach at the end of one trip.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LA for one night / hotel near airport

Hi CAnative.

You have a great memory! Yes you recommended both and we stayed at both and loved them

However the Hilton Garden Inn is our choice of stay for location/price/convenience/service whilst in LA on business.

We now recommend this place to everyone.

The staff cannot be beaten IMO !

10. Re: LA for one night / hotel near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 09:19