We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 bedroom Suite hotel near Hollywood or Universal Studios?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Concord, California
Level Contributor
127 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
2 bedroom Suite hotel near Hollywood or Universal Studios?

Does anyone know of a hotel that has a 2-bedroom suite with a king or queen in one room and 2 beds in the other room? We are taking our daughter and friend to LA area in January and the girls need their own room but don't want to share a bed. I am hoping to keep it under $250/nt.

My alternative is renting a house/condo in the area, so if you can recommend any, I'd like to hear about those too.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,480 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 bedroom Suite hotel near Hollywood or Universal Studios?

Look into Celebrity Hollywood and Orchid Suites. Your budget is too low, though, for two rooms which is really what you will find you will have to seek.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,556 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 bedroom Suite hotel near Hollywood or Universal Studios?

Hi, Lessa

Welcome to the Forum. I would look at our TOP QUESTIONS box at the right. There, you'll find a link 'where to stay...' Click on it and you'll see a topic that says "hotels that can accommodate 5 or 6 persons in a room."

While you won't have 5 or 6 persons, this link will lead you to a list of hotels SOME OF WHICH will have 2 bedroom suites (which is very unusual for L.A.) Many of the hotels will just have a separate bedroom plus a living room with a sofabed (and perhaps, the possibility of an additional 'rollaway bed'. Go through the list, make your inquiries and hopefully, you'll find something suitable. L.A. is very spread out so the list covers many, many neighborhoods. I hope you're familiar with these, If not, just ask us.

Here's a shortcut to the list of these hotels:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g32655-c172178/Los-An…

Probably the best solution would be the Magic Castle Hotel as they have actual 2-bedroom suites and the property is in an excellent location. Book NOW if you find that they have a room; call them if their website indicates that they are sold out of 2 bedrooms. You'll need to 'up your budget' to about $300.

Next best is the Residence Inn in Burbank -- about a 15 minute drive from Hollywood. Again, actual 2-bedroom suites.

Neither of the above hotels offers 2 beds in the second bedroom but they have an additional sofabed

Concord, California
Level Contributor
127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 bedroom Suite hotel near Hollywood or Universal Studios?

Thanks for the information. FYI - I did read the hotel post and didn't see anything answering my question.

As I suspected, it sounds like renting a house is going to be the way to go. I am really mystified by the standard hotel room that consists of 2 queen beds in a single room - even in a suite. If you consider that a "typical" family has 2 kids, wouldn't it make sense to have 1 queen and 2 twins? How many siblings enjoy sleeping together in one bed? Even if it's 2 couples staying together, do they really want to sleep in the same room? Just venting.

N Ireland-UK
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 bedroom Suite hotel near Hollywood or Universal Studios?

i stayed at the orchid suites and their was a separate bedroom which had a queen bed then another room which was the living dining area which had a large bed also, these rooms were completely seperated by a small hall and doorway. location is literally 5 min walk to kodak centre.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,556 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 bedroom Suite hotel near Hollywood or Universal Studios?

Hi, Lessa

You make a good point. The only solution is to see if you can get a 2-bedroom hotel suite with an additional 'rollway' (cot) bed or have one of the girls sleep on the sofabed in the Living Room and the other on the bed in the second bedroom.

Good luck!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,556 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 bedroom Suite hotel near Hollywood or Universal Studios?

Hi, Lessa

Well, I may have found the answer for you. I called the Beverly Garland Hotel which is also known as the Holiday Inn Universal Studios. I told them about your request and was told that the hotel offers two suites:

1. Kid's Suite

2. Deluxe Kid's Suite

In these suites, the kids sleep on bunk beds (one above the other) and the parents sleep in either a queen or king. The clerk told me that the Kid's Suite has a simple partition between the two 'rooms' whereas she said the Deluxe Kid's Suite 'has more privacy'. Here is the hotel's website:

http://www.beverlygarland.com/

The hotel is just a few minutes from Universal Studios and offers a free shuttle to both Universal Studios and the Universal City red line (metro rail) station which will take you to central Hollywood (5 minutes).

Thanks for the great question. It's nice to have something new and different to work on. Good luck!

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 bedroom Suite hotel near Hollywood or Universal Studios?

Residence Inn in Burbank (Marriott) has 2 bedroom units, king bed in one room , queen bed and sofa bed in the other room.

Concord, California
Level Contributor
127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 bedroom Suite hotel near Hollywood or Universal Studios?

Thanks for all the research and information. HSJ - you are unbelievable! Wow, calling the hotel for me! I have to say tho, once you've stayed in a vacation rental, it's really hard to go back to hotels. The Beverly garland beds are technically in the same room, they just have this strange privacy box around the bunk bed and the Marriott has a queen instead of twins. Sigh.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 bedroom Suite hotel near Hollywood or Universal Studios?

Have you tried the Magic Castle Hotel?

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,556 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 bedroom Suite hotel near Hollywood or Universal Studios?

The problem with the Magic Castle is that they, too, have a queen size bed in the second bedroom. They have additional 'rollaway' beds but they will not allow you to reserve them in advance. They will give you one only if it's available upon your arrival.