We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport hotel at LAX

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
airport hotel at LAX

Are any of the airport hotels at LAX accesible from the terminal by foot so you don't have to take a shuttle? If not, we only need a hotel for a few hours, so which would be the easiest to get to? Many Thanks

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
6,835 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport hotel at LAX

As a practical matter, no. It could be done, but I don't think it is a sensible idea.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,282 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport hotel at LAX

The Raddisson Hotel, is the closest to LAX, Terminal 2. They do have a free shuttle.

radisson.com/los-angeles-hotel-ca-90045/…home

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,074 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport hotel at LAX

The Hacienda Hotel is a few minutes from the airport (on the south side of the airport in the city of El Segundo). It is not within walking distance but it is a large hotel that caters to flight crews as well as visitors. Therefore, it has FREQUENT shuttles that run at all hours. Note: this is a 'tourist class' hotel.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport hotel at LAX

Have a look at this one .. I have stayed there and it was good value.

http://www.travelodgelax.com/

They too have free shuttles, a 24hr Dennys if you want a bite to eat is located at the front. Is just down the road from the terminals, but I wouldn't walk it.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport hotel at LAX

We stayed at the Radisson and walked to the terminal with our suitcases no problem, its just across the road. Also yes they have a free shuttle you have to order it.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport hotel at LAX

Look at a map. We stayed at the Radisoon once (and the shuttle came on a regular basis, though it's good to request to make sure). It is not "just across the road" if you take that to mean across the street. Just down the road? Not a long walk, maybe 10-20 mins., depending on the terminal, but with how many bags? Why the desire to avoid a shuttle bus? They circulate on a regular basis (usually one bus serving a couple of hotels, in my experience). First thing would be to see who has day rooms available and at what cost. If one of the better ones for your needs is the Radisoon, great, but I certainly wouldn't choose just on the basis of being clsoer to the terminal, as long as there was a shuttle bus.

Edited: 27 November 2012, 14:31
London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport hotel at LAX

Thanks everyone, a hotel within the airport complex would have been my first choice, however, we have no particular worries about taking a shuttle. Thanks for the hotel tips.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
335 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport hotel at LAX

Do you need all that a hotel would offer for just a few hours? Do you intend to sleep? If not, you might want to investigate getting a day pass to either your airline's club or another airline's club. For example, American Airlines Admiral's club. This might be cheaper than a hotel rate and fit your desire to stay within the airport itself.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport hotel at LAX

There are no hotels within the airport complex like at, say, Houston International or DFW, where at least one hotel is almost within the terminals. There are several hotels along Century Boulevard, just outside the airport grounds, starting with the Radisson, then Sheraton, etc., etc., etc. http://goo.gl/maps/OQFeQ.

Edited: 28 November 2012, 17:32
10. Re: airport hotel at LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 06:16