We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Junk Cars Outside Streisand Home?

Houston, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Junk Cars Outside Streisand Home?

When we did the tour of the stars' homes a couple of years ago the guide pointed out some abandoned cars parked along the street outside Barbra Streisand's estate. The guide said she put them there because she was paranoid about stalkers and had the cars there to scare people away. Is there any independent verification of that explanation? I can't find any info on it on the web and it seems like something someone would have noted before. Or am I misremembering?

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
14,980 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Junk Cars Outside Streisand Home?

I don't know the specific answer, but you may be remembering correctly AND it's not true -- tour guides have been known to make things up! ;) Most cities have ordinances that would require abandoned cars on public property to be removed after 72 hours or so. But I'll be curious to see what others know about this....

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Junk Cars Outside Streisand Home?

I think if it were true it wouldn't be something a tour guide would know or something that you could look up.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,740 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Junk Cars Outside Streisand Home?

Dosen't Streisand live inside a gated community in Malibu?

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,045 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Junk Cars Outside Streisand Home?

There are city ordinances that would prevent someone from storing junk cars in front of their homes. The neighbors would most definitely have complained and the property owner fined and been forced to move the cars. Urban legand, for sure.

All I know about B.S. is that she buys property (usually Malibu), builds a compound, then either sells or donates it, only to do the same thing again!

If there were old cars in front of a swanky home in a wealthy neighborhood, they were probably owned by some poor working people doing remodeling work.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Junk Cars Outside Streisand Home?

Got to love this guides imagination!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,627 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Junk Cars Outside Streisand Home?

I am curious how abandoned junk cars would scare away stalkers....

Houston, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Junk Cars Outside Streisand Home?

Well the explanation didn't make a lot of sense but I do remember seeing cars parked along the street and IIRC they didn't have tags, which was the giveaway that they weren't in use. One looked like an old police car.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,478 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Junk Cars Outside Streisand Home?

Another Urban myth.

9. Re: Junk Cars Outside Streisand Home?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 22:16