We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from LA to SF

San José del Cabo...
2 posts
Save Topic
Train from LA to SF

A friend emailed me to say that he heard on the radio in SF that there is a special deal to travel from LA to SF or vice versa, by train for $1.00. Can you tell me about this ?

I live in Mexico and am here in LA for an operation but will not be doing anything for Christmas and I would like to visit my sister, daughter and friends in thee Bay Area.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from LA to SF

The offer is not a train, but a bus. Megabus, a nationwide company, is returning to California, and is offering introductory fares. The first week of the new service is $1, after that, fares are based on a sliding scale, depending on multiple factors.

http://us.megabus.com/

Alas, the first week of service is in mid-December, especially designed to avoid the major Christmas Travel period, where prices will more than likely be higher.

sfgate.com/news/article/Megabus-relaunching-…

Edited: 03 December 2012, 20:41
California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from LA to SF

It is the MegaBus and no $1 fares around Christmas but there is a $3 fare on weekdays:

Departs 7 PM and arrives 2:40 AM - Each Way

Edited: 03 December 2012, 20:48
San José del Cabo...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from LA to SF

thank you

4. Re: Train from LA to SF

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 20:15