We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Hollywood - Best western

Toronto
Level Contributor
450 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Hollywood - Best western

Hi,

I am trying to book a hotel near hollywood using my miles. Which particular area should I look at? Mostly it will be a Best western hotel. Any specific best western that I should be looking at?

Thanks.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,818 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Hollywood - Best western

Will you have a car? What is your itinerary? Why Hollywood?

HTH

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,092 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Hollywood - Best western

This one is my favorite:

bestwesterncalifornia.com/hotels/best-wester…

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,943 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Hollywood - Best western

What Hitch said

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Hollywood - Best western

The nicest( and priciest) is the Sunset Plaza Hotel. Burbank Best Western Suites and North Hollywoods Best Western Mikado are not far from Hollywood if you have a car. The other Best Westerns in the area I don't care much for.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Hollywood - Best western

These two are in the Hollywood area:

Toronto
Level Contributor
450 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Hollywood - Best western

Thanks all for your response.

I am landing in LAX around 11 am. I am planning to spend that day in the city and then go to Hollywood studio the next day. Still not decided what to do the first day. Would like to be close to the park so that we dont have to drive a long distance in the morning when going to the park.. Yes. I'll have a car.

BestWestern because most of the hotels I can book through miles is BestWestern.

I guess I should have mentioned 'close to Hollywood studio' - not sure if this is close to Hollywood!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,943 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near Hollywood - Best western

I'm sorry. I don't understand what "Hollywood Studio" means. Is that a specific place or are you saying that you want to visit one of the movie studios? If the latter, there are movie studios throughout the metro area -- in Hollywood, Burbank and Culver City.

I also don't understand what you mean by 'the park'. What park?

By some chance, are you confusing Disney World (which is in Florida, on the east coast of the U.S.) with Disneyland, here, on the west coast? Disney World has a park called "Hollywood Studios").

You might want to familiarize yourself with the geography of Los Angeles. Our city is extremely spread out -- not unlike Paris, London or Toronto.

Here's a map that might be helpful:

…flickr.com/2695/4304287666_3f60e03695_o.jpg

So, when you say that you want to spend a day 'in the city', I'm not sure what you mean since, Hollywood, for example, is one of the dozens of neighborhoods in the city of L.A.

Have you looked at our TOP QUESTIONS box at the right side of this page. You might find them helpful.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,818 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near Hollywood - Best western

Define Hollywood studio. Specify which park. Define long distance. What does "day in the city" mean?

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near Hollywood - Best western

Best Western Mikado North Hollywood is just over a mile from Universal Studios Hollywood and Best Western Burbank Suites is about a mile and a half. From both you could take the city bus (10 min) to the park if you dont want to drive and pay for parking.

Toronto
Level Contributor
450 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel near Hollywood - Best western

Thanks Harold. Thanks. I meant Universal Studio Hollywood. I'll take a look at the BestWestern Mikado. Thanks for your help.