We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying microsoft surface

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
465 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
buying microsoft surface

If I buy a Microsoft Surface in USA is it useable in the UK?

I think it is significantly cheaper in theUSA

THANK YOU

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,236 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying microsoft surface

It is a tablet and works of wifi so yes it will work in the UK but you will need a power adaptor to plug it into the wall to charge in the UK or you can purchase a UK adaptor back home. The issue is the warranty should anything go wrong and if it is valid for service abroad. Only Microsoft can tell you that

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buying microsoft surface

Just a slight clarification to the above.

The power will work US/UK -- you will not need a power converter. You will need the plug adaptor to go from the US plug to the big honker UK plug -- which will look like this: http://tinyurl.com/UStoUKPlug

London, United...
Level Contributor
465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying microsoft surface

Thank you

Maybe I should ask in an England forum about warranty

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,982 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buying microsoft surface

You can generally download the warranty information from the web if you know the exact model. Many manufacturers have a global warranty

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,236 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buying microsoft surface

Microsoft is not famous for its own hardware so it is wrong to assume that the warranty is valid

The OP can check on Microsoft.com. Apple being one of the larger tablet and cell providers does not honor warranties outisde the region as far as I can tell I would check the facts and not assume anything

6. Re: buying microsoft surface

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 06:19