We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to Airport for few hours rest.

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel close to Airport for few hours rest.

We will be arriving from Australia 8.30 am and our connecting flight to Anchorage does not leave till 8.15pm. Do not like the idea of staying at the airport for 12 hrs after such a long flight.( 14 hrs)

Which hotel would be suggested close by , with shuttle service there and back with early check in if possible for a few hours rest before heading back to the airport in the early evenng?

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,899 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to Airport for few hours rest.

This recent trip report may be of help to you:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32655-i61-k600127…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to Airport for few hours rest.

The Travellodge is a good lower cost option, but all the main corporate chains have a presence near LAX with shuttles. If you are a member of any of the hotel programs, you can find Hilton, Marriott, Raddisson, Westin, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza etc.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel close to Airport for few hours rest.

Yes, but OP arrives at 8:30 am and most of those corporate chains are not going to let them check in that early.

Another hotel that does day rates is Four Points, but they will be a bit more expensive than the Travelodge.

http://www.fourpointslax.com/

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel close to Airport for few hours rest.

The Travelodge LAX has a day rate of $49.95. Sheraton Four Points will do a 24 hour room for about $119. If you do not want those others may have a day rate but I do not recall anyone posting anything but these 2.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel close to Airport for few hours rest.

Travelodge is good value ... it's a nice motel (not high rise) ... has free shuttles to and from the airport for their guests ... there is a pool, and there is also a Denny's at the front if you want meals.

http://www.travelodgelax.com/

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,224 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel close to Airport for few hours rest.

I've recently been researching this, and while there are about four hotels that do the day rate thing, the Travelodge is by far (a factor of about half) the cheapest. Pretty sure that I'm going to just jump the bus to Santa Monica for the day - I only have carry on luggage.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel close to Airport for few hours rest.

Thank you all for your replies. I think the Travelodge Day rate is the way to go. I would not have found out about this except for TA contributors. Seems a cheap enough way to refresh and rest for a few hours before our big Alaskan Adventure.

8. Re: Hotel close to Airport for few hours rest.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 06:18