We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chelsea Lately filming

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
703 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Chelsea Lately filming

We're coming to LA from England in February and I've got 'Priority Tickets' for a filming of Chelsea Lately. However the website is a bit light on info so I was just wondering if anyone has been who can give me any pointers on how the day will go, when we should get there, what we should wear etc etc. Thanks

Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chelsea Lately filming

If you have priority tickets you should be set. You should get that about an hour before the time on your ticket to get in line. If the ticket says 2 pm - they don't actually start taping until about 3:30 p.m. They say you can't have cell phones, but we saw many people with them admitted. They say no white shirts and people looked nice - from casual to trendy. I did not have a priority ticket, and was turned away because they had hit their max in the audience.

There is on-street parking (metered) with a 3 hour maximum in walking distance. You can feed the meter as long as someone holds your place - just don't put in the full 3 hours, as you cant put more $$ in - you may need to move the car a spot or two. They also have parking for $10 cash which they mention on the website. There is a Metro parking lot across the street but they do have guards walking the lot and giving tickets. You may want to look at the bus - since the lot is right across the street. Not sure what time you are going and how far away your hotel is, but be prepared for major traffic.

Edited: 03 February 2013, 19:27
Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
703 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chelsea Lately filming

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have the tickets for a 1pm filming and there is another one later in the day at 3pm. We'll be getting dropped off at the studios from our friend's house in Studio City so won't need to worry about transport. Was just wondering how long the day was likely to be, what we should wear, if we should take a bottle of water etc with us, that sort of thing! Sounds like we should aim to be there for 12 and not expect to be home before about 5?!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chelsea Lately filming

I have tickets to her show on the 27th would be lovely if you could let me know how you go and if its worth going, I'm worried I'm going to run out of time in la if I go to her show

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
703 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chelsea Lately filming

Well how funny, that's when our ticket is for as well! Hopefully someone will give us both some info before we go!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chelsea Lately filming

Hi ladies could you please post a link for Chelsea tickets

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
703 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chelsea Lately filming

Here you go on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Chelsea_Lately

louisemcbridechris
Level Contributor
188 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chelsea Lately filming

Wondered if those who went had an update for us

How long where you there for?

Good experience?

I plan on trying to get tickets when I go

Next year and would

Love a review

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
703 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chelsea Lately filming

We had a 1pm ticket and got there at about 12.15. Our tickets were checked when we first got there and as we had priority tickets we were confirmed. We then stood in line outside for what felt like an eternity so take water and maybe snacks, although you will have to get rid of them before you go inside. Very young and hip folk got taken to the head of the line to be sat in the front rows where they would be on camera.

We finally started making a move towards the studios probably around 2pm but there are lots of checkpoints/stop points along the way. Then we were put in lines outside the studio and again waited for ages.

On entry we all went through scanners, had our handbags searched and any food/drink confiscated. They were also checking phones were completely switched off but didn't appear to be confiscating them.

There were people on the doors deciding where you sat which seemed inefficient and took an age. We then sat a while before the warm up chap came on. I guess it was probably nearly 3pm by the time we were sat in the studio ready to go.

It was really interesting being inside the studio and getting to see the stars in real life but there was minimal interaction from Chelsea, the comedians and the guests with the audience. Watching the show taping was a lot of fun and it was done 'as live' so no retakes etc so for me, the length of time of the actual taping didn't really justify all of the waiting around beforehand. However I am such a fan there is no way I wouldn't have done it once. Wouldn't do it again though (and actually turned down the invitation to stay on for the second filming of the day)

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chelsea Lately filming

"Minimum interaction" with the audience is S.O.P. for most tapings, I believe. Not sure what you expected. They have a schedule and are there to tape a show. That's it. And if there's more than one taping that day, it's more of an assembly-line process. I went to a taping of the Jay Leno "Tonight" show in Burbank, and it was the only taping for the day. Our wait was similar to yours, and the only interaction by Jay with the audience was touching hands at the start of the show. None with the guests. That's the way it goes. I'm glad I went but wouldn't do it again. It was pretty quick once the taping began. Taping of a situation comedy, for example, apparently can take a lot longer, with takes and re-takes.

Edited: 07 September 2013, 14:12
10. Re: Chelsea Lately filming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 14:35