We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super Shuttle from LAX to downtown (Olive Street South)

Mitcham, Australia
Level Contributor
208 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Super Shuttle from LAX to downtown (Olive Street South)

Next month I will be arriving at LAX after the long flight from Australia.

My hotel is the Omni downtown.

I had planned to take the bus to Union Station and then a taxi to the hotel.

However, recently I saw a page for Super Shuttle and booked with them for LAX direct to my hotel.

Silly me; I didn't check Trip Advisor forums; now that I have I am very concerned.

Should I give up while I am in front and consider another option? I've paid $US32 for two people. I expect trying to get a refund would be difficult.

I've got a 15 hour flight from Australia, I expect the tedious customs and immigration formalities at LAX (people have suggested to allow at least two hours) but the last thing I expect I'll want is a hassle with the shuttle I've booked.

The reviews of Super Shuttle on Trip Advisor are consistently bad; very bad. So I am rather concerned. More like VERY concerned.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks in anticipation.

Edited: 11 February 2013, 22:01
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX to downtown (Olive Street South)

Super Shuttle is fine. I've used them several times and have not had a problem. The only hassle is that occasionally they will circle the airport terminals once or twice to pick up other passengers. There will be a Super Shuttle employee outside of baggage claim to direct you to a van.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,897 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX to downtown (Olive Street South)

I echo Spap's view. The only people that post reviews about vans are unhappy customers. (Think about it: would YOU post a review about how happy you were with your airport transfer?). Super Shuttle transfers 10s of thousands of passengers each month; there are bound to be SOME unhappy customers. Relax and don't worry. The fact is: if you took the Flyaway Bus from your terminal (i'm assuming you're arriving at the International terminal) the flyaway would stop at terminal 4, 5,6,7 and 8 before heading out of the airport so it's not going to take any longer if the van stops a few times.

Besides, supershuttle's vans only hold 9 people (which means they need to find only 2 other couples or a family of 4 or 5 plus another couple) to fill up the van and be on their way. If you're arriving in the early morning as most flights from Australia do, they'll be plenty of other passengers heading to downtown. No worries.

Please post your reviews of Super Shuttle afterward -- especially if they're favorable. It would be nice to see some.

Edited: 12 February 2013, 00:52
Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX to downtown (Olive Street South)

I have been using supershuttle at least twice a year to and from LAX for over 5 years and never had a problem. As spap and HSJ said, you'll hear from the unhappy customers, and I have to admit that I'm among the many satisfied customers that didn't post a positive review.

In any event, you don't need to worry.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX to downtown (Olive Street South)

No worries.

PS Great hotel choice!

Edited: 12 February 2013, 17:49
5. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX to downtown (Olive Street South)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 07:16