We will be traveling to Los Angeles in a few weeks time on a family holiday. We are planning on staying at Sheraton Universal. Our flight will arrive into LAX at 9:30am and we will be in the city for 3 days.
- what would be a good way for group of 8 to transfer from the airport to Sheraton Universal? Is public transportation practical?
- Would Sheraton Universal be a good choice for local sightseeing? The hotel is supposed to be close to the Red Line which seems to connect many tourist locations.
- does it make sense to rent a van for local travel within Los Angeles? I suppose parking would be a big problem?
- Is it easy to use public transportation for local sightseeing?
- would it be better for us to use a local tour operator for a day of sightseeing instead of trying it on our own?
- we have been advised to visit the Venice beach on a Sunday afternoon for the experience. It is really worthwhile?
Lost of questions! I will be grateful for the advise and recommendations.