We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TV Show Taping - Warner Bros Studio - Security & Cell Phones

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
150 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
TV Show Taping - Warner Bros Studio - Security & Cell Phones

Has anyone gone through the security check for a taping within Warner Bros? I noticed the security notice (from tvtickets.com) says no cell phones allowed (amongst other things). As a tourist going there, I find not having a cell phone on me for the day to be quite inconvenient (esp. I won't be driving to the studios).

Does anyone know if they are REALLY strict on "no cell phones"? Would they allow you to go through if you have it turned off?

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,392 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TV Show Taping - Warner Bros Studio - Security & Cell Phones

I believe you'll need to walk through a metal detector which, in the process of finding hidden weapons, will also uncover any cell phones you're carrying. I can't imagine that they would trust an audience member to keep his/her phone turned off during the show. Perhaps others who have attended a recent taping would know more.

If you need transfer instructions to the studios from your hotel. tell us where you're coming from.

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TV Show Taping - Warner Bros Studio - Security & Cell Phones

They put your phone in a safe at the entrance, and give it back to you when you leave. But they'd rather you don't even bring it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
150 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TV Show Taping - Warner Bros Studio - Security & Cell Phones

Thanks HaroldnMaude! That's a bit of relief to know, though I can understand them wanting to restrict as much as possible.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
150 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TV Show Taping - Warner Bros Studio - Security & Cell Phones

Thanks HopSkipJump - from what I mapped out, from Hollywood / Highland, there is the Bus 222 that goes near/directly there. I just get off Olive / Warner Bros Studio which gets to Gate 3?

Not sure if anyone knows, from the same starting point, how much would a taxi ride cost for that trip? Just wanted to check out my options.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,392 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TV Show Taping - Warner Bros Studio - Security & Cell Phones

You can use any mapping program to determine the distance. Here's one:

http://mapq.st/YMomZD

The trip is about 4 miles but this route during 'rush hours' can be saddled with traffic -- which means a longer and more expensive ride (since the taxi meter calculates the fare based upon distance and time spent in the taxi).

Taxi fares are calculated as follows:

$2.85 for first 1/9th mile.

$2.70 for each additional mile.

$0.50 for each additional minute of waiting/delay time (when the taxi is stopped at a red light or stuck in traffic).

So, assuming that you won't be traveling to the studio between 15:00 and 19:00, the fare would be:

$2.85 +

$2.70 x 4 +

.50 x 4.5 (an approximation) =

$16.15 + tip (about $2.50) = about $19

Of course, you'll get to the studios quicker, at this price (in about 10 minutes -- without traffic) compared to about 30 minutes on the bus.

If you're traveling during 'high traffic periods' (rush hour), then the trip could take an extra 20 minutes which would add $10 in the fare (plus 15% + $1.50) tip.

I would probably arrange for a taxi for the return as there will be no traffic. Have the taxi meet you at the Smoke House Restaurant which is 2 short blocks south of gate #3 on Olive Av.

Here's a map: http://mapq.st/VCL6zz

A= gate 3

B= the restaurant (which appears to be 'around the corner' from Olive Av but, in actuality, it's on Olive Av and there is a large. well-lit sign). It will be easier for the taxi to pull up there rather than at the gate which is on the wrong side of the road for a taxi heading to Hollywood.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
150 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TV Show Taping - Warner Bros Studio - Security & Cell Phones

Wow - thanks HopSkipJump, you sure own up to your title of "Destination Expert" that's for sure! If TripAdvisor hands out awards for Destination Experts, you definitely would be in the lead!

This is of great help, exactly the level of detail that really helps me out! Thanks again!

Edited: 07 March 2013, 02:55
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,392 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TV Show Taping - Warner Bros Studio - Security & Cell Phones

Ex-NYer helping out a brother!

8. Re: TV Show Taping - Warner Bros Studio - Security & Cell Phones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 07:16