We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info needed re: Union Station's Patsaouras Transit Plaza

Henderson, NV and...
Level Contributor
564 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Info needed re: Union Station's Patsaouras Transit Plaza

We need to get from LAX to Union Station's Patsaouras Transit Plaza. Is there a bus that does that route? Looking to take Mega Bus to Las Vegas. Flights going to Vegas on a Friday are over priced so we thought we would try Mega Bus. Any info would be appreciated.

CJ

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,623 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info needed re: Union Station's Patsaouras Transit Plaza

You're referring to the LAX/Union Station Flyaway bus.

http://www.lawa.org/welcome_lax.aspx?id=4696

HTH

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info needed re: Union Station's Patsaouras Transit Plaza

There is Flyaway bus from LAX which goes to Union Station and Patsaouras Transit Plaza (arrives at Bay 9). The bus stops are under the green signs outside the each terminal; the driver gets off the bus and yells out the destination and loads luggage, and prior to leaving the airport he come on the PA system and repeats his destination. He doesn't want you going to the wrong place either, and these buses are non-stop. $7 pp. There are a few Flyaway bus routes to various locations, and they run frequently.

www.lawa.org -- Flyaway Bus - LAX Ground Transportation

Henderson, NV and...
Level Contributor
564 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info needed re: Union Station's Patsaouras Transit Plaza

Thanks for both prompt responses. Now we have great info getting to picking up Mega Bus. Is there a Metrolink that does this same routing or is the Flyaway bus the best option?

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info needed re: Union Station's Patsaouras Transit Plaza

There is no Metrolink from LAX. The Flyaway is an excellent option. They do not accept cash, only credit cards, or you can buy your ticket online. The online tickets are not dated or stamped - they just read the bar code when you depart.

Edited: 06 March 2013, 16:45
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Info needed re: Union Station's Patsaouras Transit Plaza

There's no train service from LAX. There are other ways to get to Union Station besides the FlyAway bus, but the FlyAway bus is the most direct and the simplest. One other way, for instance, involves one bus + 3 trains, and there are other ways that involve multiple buses. The FlyAway bus is just the one bus and goes straight to Union Station. Plus the FlyAway bus has a dedicated luggage compartment under the bus which makes things a lot easier.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,623 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Info needed re: Union Station's Patsaouras Transit Plaza

To clarify,

Metrolink is a commuter heavy rail service that operates out of Union Station and serves communities an hour or two away.

Metro Rail refers to the light rail and subway trains which the MTA operates across the city and which continues to grow.

Conceivably, you could take a combination of Metro Rail trains from LAX. Bus to Green Line. Green Line to Blue Line. Blue Line to Red Line. Red Line to Union Station. It is a cumbersome and timeconsuming option which I would not recommend.

The LAX/Union Station Flyaway shuttle will get you to Union Station in 30-60 minutes, depending upon traffic. Be aware that Union Station is on the eastern edge of downtown, which is quite large and sprawling.

HTH

Henderson, NV and...
Level Contributor
564 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Info needed re: Union Station's Patsaouras Transit Plaza

I think the easiest would be the Flyaway shuttle getting to Union Station to catch the Megabus. We'll be arriving LAX around noon and will have to clear customs and immigration. We should have over 3 hours to get there before catching the bus to Vegas at 4:30 PM. Any place in the area to get something to eat. Can you bring food or drinks on Megabus?

Alameda, California
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Info needed re: Union Station's Patsaouras Transit Plaza

Hello, I am taking the Megabus to Los Angeles Union Station/Patsaouras Transit Plaza. How or what do I take to get to Santa Clarita or Valencia area?

Thank you.

Fremont, California
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Info needed re: Union Station's Patsaouras Transit Plaza

If I take Megabus from SanJose to LA, is there a car rental place near by in a walking distance as soon as I get off Megabus. Need to know before buying the ticket...please advise.

Thanks,

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Info needed re: Union Station's Patsaouras Transit Plaza

cjmzsc

There is a restuarant in Union Station and Olvera St is across the street so you have a few choices right in the area. You can bring food on the bus no problem.

SallyW79

You will need to connect with a Metrolink Train going toward Lancaster and get off at the Santa Clarita Metrolink Station

Maryyen N

There are rental cars available at Union Station. I think Hertz and Budget. Enterprise will pick you up.