We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long from Hollywood to Farmers Market?

London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
How long from Hollywood to Farmers Market?

I am thinking of booking a tour with Legends of Hollywood when we visit LA in August.

However, we are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Hollywood and the pick up for the tour is at 8.30 am at The Farmers Market in Downtown LA.

We will either do the tour on Sat 10th Aug or Sun 11th Aug, but can anyone tell me how long it will take us to get downtown from Hollywood at the weekend? We don't have a car either, so I was thinking of a taxi as we have 2 kids with us. I'm hoping this won't cost too much!

Any advice much appreciated!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long from Hollywood to Farmers Market?

This tour company does pickup at the Farmer's Market, but the Famer's Market is NOT in downtown LA. Its in an area alternatively known as the Fairfax District or Beverly Grove, depending on who you ask. In any case, from the HI Express in Hollywood, you can get there by walking to the intersection of Hollywood blvd. and Highland Ave., then taking Metro Bus 217 or 780 (www.metro.net) towards Washington / Fairfax. Take the bus to 3rd St. and Fairfax Ave., then you have a short walk to the tour meeting point under the clock tower. I don't think 780 runs on weekends so you'll have to use the 217 bus which stops more often. 217 runs every 20-25 minutes and takes about 25 minutes of travel time for this journey.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long from Hollywood to Farmers Market?

A taxi would probably take about 15 minutes.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,158 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long from Hollywood to Farmers Market?

Try using this tool.

www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=LA

4. Re: How long from Hollywood to Farmers Market?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 05:18