We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from hollywood blvd to arleta

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from hollywood blvd to arleta

Hi,

We are staying at the best western hollywood hills and on one of our days there we need to get to roslyndale ave in Arleta.

What's the bet route to get there from either our hotel or hollywood blvd.

I think van nuys is the closest metro station, if my research is correct.

How far is it from roughly on public transport from hollywood to our destination.

Am I thinking right that the metro is the underground train/tube and not a bus which goes on the road?

Any help tips would be appreciated

Thanks

Glen

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,909 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from hollywood blvd to arleta

Metro is the name of Los Angeles mass transit system and it includes the subway and buses.

http://www.metro.net/

Getting to Arleta is very difficult from where you are, close to a 2 hour trip both directions, Here is Google Maps using the public transportation option.

http://www.metro.net/

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from hollywood blvd to arleta

Metro also includes light rail. Some confusion might come from the fact that in some cities "Metro" is used to refer mainly to heavy rail/subway. There are subways in L.A. but have a very limited reach (closest to Arleta it gets is the North Hollywood station). You'll need to take at least one bus, and maybe two, to get to the San Fernando Valley. The Metro.net site should give a few options, once you input exact addresses and times.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,909 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from hollywood blvd to arleta

Sorry, here is the Google Map.

http://goo.gl/maps/QgkQS

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from hollywood blvd to arleta

Hello, glen1985 and welcome to the Los Angeles forum.

ROUTING (by automobile)

Take Franklin Avenue to US Route 101/Hollywood Freeway north. This will change name to California State Route 170/Hollywood Freeway north. Continue north on it. Merge north onto Interstate 5/Golden State Freeway north - you will be in the left lane here, and you need to get over multiple lanes rather soon, so be advised. . . (smile) Osborne Street ramps are closed right now for construction, so instead take the Van Nuys Blvd. offramp if you can (take the Brand Blvd. offramp instead if you miss it). At the offramp, head west a few blocks to Arleta Street, which runs a few miles parallel to Interstate 5, to your specific address on Roslyndale Avenue in Arleta.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION

Take the Metro (Metrorail) Red line from Hollywood & Vine to your destination in Arleta. You will transfer at the North Hollywood Station for the Metro Bus, of which either Metro Local Line 224, Commuter Express 549, or the Metro Orange Line would be taken. At some point, a transfer onto a Local Line would be made to get you to your Arleta destination. There's a very handy trip planner here: http://socaltransport.org/tm_pub_start.php

From your hotel to your Arleta destination is about 12 to 15 mies. Allow 60 to 90 minutes of travel time by public transportation. Walking could be as little as a third of a mile, or even a mile, depending on the day, time and schedule of the transit you will end up using.

As to your questions: "Metro" is the name of the public transportation in the City of Los Angeles. That includes both Metrorail (rail, both above ground and underground "tube") and Metro bus (transit bus). As noted above, they nowadays have different service levels of buses, which you will find painted on the sides of the Metro transit buses. "Local" is one I see a lot of. "Commuter Express" is another one. I think I've seen a "Rapid" Metro bus too out there. So there are different levels of service depending on which transit bus you use.

Enjoy your visit with us.

Edited: 23 March 2013, 13:08
SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from hollywood blvd to arleta

You may want to consider a cab. 12 to 15 miles taking 1.5 hours is a long time to go not all that far.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from hollywood blvd to arleta

Thanks very much for all your help, its been much appreciated, your all very helpful.

What would be a rough cost in a taxi, if its not too expensive that might be worth a option as there is 4 of us travelling so the expense shared between 4 won't be as bad.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get from hollywood blvd to arleta

I'd guesstimate a taxi at about $50 each way.

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get from hollywood blvd to arleta

Glad to be of help, glen.

Around $50 would be a rough guesstimate based on one site I looked at. Be sure to tip the taxi driver. . . 20 per cent is what they want these days for excellent service.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get from hollywood blvd to arleta

Hard to say without an exact destination address, but www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=LA guesstimates about $45, but certainly allow $50 plus tip. If there are 4 of you, I'd opt for taxi over public transportation, unless you have tons of time. At least going, assuming you have an appointment to keep.

Edited: 23 March 2013, 18:09
10. Re: How to get from hollywood blvd to arleta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 05:17