We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Space Shuttle Endeavour Tickets

London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Space Shuttle Endeavour Tickets

Hi everyone. I'm coming back to LA June/July and I wanna see the Space Shuttle Endeavour.

I'm trying to buy a timed ticket but when I fill out the form, I get the problem of the fact my home address is not in a State in North America being that I live in England. Because of this I can't book the ticket. Has anyone on here non US resident booked tickets for this.

Thanks

Pete

London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Space Shuttle Endeavour Tickets

It's ok. I took a chance and chose California and it went through.

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Space Shuttle Endeavour Tickets

Hello, Pete, and welcome to the Los Angeles forum.

I'm sorry to hear of your difficulty in placing your ticket order from the UK. Perhaps you might wish to call the ticket office directly at (213) 744-2019 from your overseas location and explain the difficulty. If it were me, considering the jewel of an attraction Endeavour is, I would think that the California Science Center might consider updating how they sell tickets, considering the international visitor and their needs and desires to see this Space Shuttle on their visit here in The Golden State. To be honest, since this is a very new attraction now on display to the public in a regular, daily way, they are undoubtably working out the kinks in their ticketing operation.

Here's the link, just as a reference: californiasciencecenter.org/GenInfo/Planning… Note: ticket office hours are 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time (8 hours earlier than Greenwich Meridian Time) daily.

I truly do hope you get a ticket somehow, and get to see it. I've seen many a Space Shuttle - hey, we built it and flight tested it right here in California's Antelope Valley - , and they are an experience apart from anything else in space or flight. Please let us know what develops. I care about this issue.

UPDATE

OK, I see you decided to enter "California" as your location. Hope that is successful for you, and you printed your ticket already! (smile)

Edited: 23 March 2013, 13:36
Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
California Science Center
3,404 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
California
California
United States
London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Space Shuttle Endeavour Tickets

Yes I did manage to purchase and print the tickets at home. I took a chance and chose California as State and the payment went through. I tried emailing them before this worked but none of their email address worked. Now THIS is a big issue. I really can't wait to see the Space Shuttle now.

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Space Shuttle Endeavour Tickets

Thanks, Pete, for the update. I'm thankful that you succeeded in printing your tickets.

California Science Center, are you listening? The Original Poster (OP) couldn't get an email message to you folks, using multiple email addresses. Let's work out the kinks in your email for our friendly international prospective visitors, alright? (smile)

Mentioned in this post
3,404 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Space Shuttle Endeavour Tickets

Thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the CSM. When I walked through the door and saw the Shuttle for the 1st time, I was like WOW!! Lots to see before you get to it and lots see in the hangar also. Be warned there are lots of school kids visiting the museum. Although I had a timed ticket for 1pm, I was let into the Endeavour part at 11:45am as it was quiet. But I noticed when I left the Endeavour hangar about 1:30pm that the queue to the start of the Endeavour experience had increased significantly, so it seems the earlier you get there the better.

6. Re: Space Shuttle Endeavour Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 05:17