We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycle & trike hire with children in Santa Monica/ Venice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Bicycle & trike hire with children in Santa Monica/ Venice.

During our stay in Cali we wanted to ride the coast bike/running path from Santa Monica to Venice beach or as far as our legs would take us stopping along the way to eat, take pics, etc.

We'd have our son with us who is three and apart from the regular bikes with the child seat attached to the back, is it possible to hire the three wheeled trikes with a second seat for kids/passengers? We've seen the single seaters but my son would love to sit with me on one of these.

If such things are possible, could somebody recommend a good place to hire. If not, the regular bike would do I'm sure.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,758 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bicycle & trike hire with children in Santa Monica/ Venice.

You'll see bike rentals all up and down the bike path, you'll see them surrounding the Pier, and you'll see a massive bike hire on Colorado and Ocean, just across from the Pier (next to McDonalds, across from Holiday Inn). Don't know about tricycles, but definitely have seen second seats for kids.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,397 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bicycle & trike hire with children in Santa Monica/ Venice.

See the "kiddy kart" option at http://www.perryscafe.com/#/BeachRentals/

3. Re: Bicycle & trike hire with children in Santa Monica/ Venice.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 04:17