We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

15-25 girls shopping trip, what type of transportation

Elk Grove...
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
15-25 girls shopping trip, what type of transportation

Hello, up to 25 girlfriends and I are coming to LA from Sacramento via the Megabus, we have two separate groups, group-1 (10 people) arrives on 4/19 at 1:30 pm, while group-2 (15) arrives on 4/20 at 7am via the Union Station in downtown LA. Group-1 will want to shop downtown LA the remainder of the afternoon on 4/19 and will need to get to the Hilton Garden in Montebello for lodging for the night. Group 1 and Group 2 will connect on the morning of 4/20 for more shopping in the garment district and alley for the entire day, we will then need to find transportation back to the Hilton Garden in Montebello, some of us may want to go offsite to a Restaurant for Dinner where others may choose to stay at the Hotel and eat at the local Restaurant. Both Groups head home on 4/21, Group 1 departs Union Station on 4/21 at 6am and Group 2 departs Union Station at 9am.

So sorry that there are so many details but the trip which started small has taken on a life of its own. So the question is should we rent multiple vehicles?? or should we try and get a party bus? does anyone have suggestions that could be divided by up to 25 people that is a great rate?

Looking forward to any suggestions and thanks in advance.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,089 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 15-25 girls shopping trip, what type of transportation

My first impulse is to ask: If you plan to spend your entire time in downtown L.A., why not stay in downtown L.A. and then you'll only need to use public transit (or taxis) to transfer between your hotel and downtown shopping? I can't imagine that staying in Montebello would be so much cheaper to make transferring back and forth worth your while.

Re: getting a 'party bus', the transfer time between downtown L.A. and your hotel is less than 15 minutes (WITHOUT TRAFFIC) so I'm not sure how much partying you can do in such a short time. Another option is to look into taking a metrolink train (metrolinktrains.com) between Union Station and the Montebello/Commerce station. This station is less than 3 miles / 5 km from your hotel. Perhaps, the hotel will have a free shuttle from the station.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,134 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 15-25 girls shopping trip, what type of transportation

Can you change your hotel? I highly recommend the above = move to a downtown hotel.

Why so much shopping in downtown? Shopping there will take maybe a couple hours, at most.

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 15-25 girls shopping trip, what type of transportation

Are you tryng to get a party bus to go out at night?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,193 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 15-25 girls shopping trip, what type of transportation

Why so much shopping in downtown? Shopping there will take maybe a couple hours, at most.

--------

If OP shops at the garment district, esp if they hit the sample sales, it'll be much more than a couple of hours.

5. Re: 15-25 girls shopping trip, what type of transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 01:18
Edited: 03 May 2014, 01:18
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,134 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 15-25 girls shopping trip, what type of transportation

There will be no sample sales on Saturday the 20th. There will be very few sample sales on Friday the 19th. Showrooms are open to the public and hold sample sales only on the last Friday of the month, with a few exceptions (Christmastime).

The above post makes a very good point about Montebello and I think it's important to change your hotel.

Elk Grove...
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 15-25 girls shopping trip, what type of transportation

Thanks for the questions and clarification. We were not looking necessarily for a party bus, but a vehicle to transport us, there won't be much partying although a few in the group have shared they may want to go out after dinner and have drinks. I am thinking it might be better to stay in the downtown area due to the number of vehicles that we may have to rent, our sole purpose for the trip is shopping wholesale in the garment district and alley, we are not looking to go to malls or shops in department stores.

Elk Grove...
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 15-25 girls shopping trip, what type of transportation

We are definitely rethinking the hotel options, if you never shopped wholesale in the garment district then you won't believe the amount of shopping that is available, one day is not enough, you could spend a week in one portion of the garment district depending on what your looking for and then that won't be enough, this trip is for the very serious shoppers only.

Elk Grove...
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 15-25 girls shopping trip, what type of transportation

The party bus was a thought for the size of the vehicle only not that we were going out, again the thought was a large vehicle to transport the group, otherwise we are looking at renting multiple vehicles.

Elk Grove...
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 15-25 girls shopping trip, what type of transportation

No offense taken to your questions. Let me clarify one member in the group suggested the Hotel in Montebello, I don't know the area and we are not completely invested to stay there. We were looking for clean, safe and economical, have the group are only staying one night while the other half are staying two nights. We are coming to LA strictly for shopping, each person will a huge shopping cart on wheels so we looking at spending thousands of dollars between us on this trip, some have store fronts, some have ebay stores, we are buying wholesale. We can carry our purchases with us until we get picked up as the items will be in carts.