We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for LAX

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orcutt, California...
1 post
Save Topic
Parking for LAX

Where is the best place to park your car while you are on a trip?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for LAX

That quite depends. How much are you willing to pay? Are you willing to pay more for covered parking?

I'd check rates and features at the following:

The Parking Spot

Park 'N Fly

Wally Park

ACE Parking

plus LAX's own lots (www.lawa.org)

A lot of the airport hotels have stay and park packages (stay one night before your flight, park your car there for several days for one bundled price) that can be better deals than at the dedicated parking lots if you also need a hotel.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,249 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for LAX

Well. "best" is kind of subjective.

Do you mean:

1. Least expensive

2. Closest to the airport

3. Easiest

4. Indoor (or outdoor)

Overall, I like the parking at the LAX Hilton. It's not the least expensive but I like the fact that you lock your car and take your key with you (some of the cheap lots require that you leave your key in case your car needs to be moved in order to get others in or out).

I also like that the Hilton parking is indoors and that each floor of the parking structure is relatively small so the walks to the elevator aren't that bad.

I also like that you pre-arrange for parking online and use your credit card at the entrance and exit to let yourself in and out of their parking facility. The only thing I hate is that i's impossible to find their website. Here it is: https://www.airportparkinglax.net/

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,470 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking for LAX

Friends and family stay at the Hacienda Hotel in El Segundo, just south of the airport when they want to park a week or so and park at the hotel. They might arrive in time for dinner and go to the Manhattan Beach Pier where there are many restaurants.

They might have an 8am flight to Hawaii and need to be dropped off at 6 am. The Hacienda's free 24/7 shuttle gets you there in minutes. El Segundo is a very safe city.

My husband uses Park & Fly on the airport property if he has an overnight or weekend flight. The parking is outside but he doesn't use the garage at home. It's right next to Southwest Air and has a guard tower in the middle of the lot. AAA had discount rates.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,452 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking for LAX

I use this site.

http://www.cheapairportparking.org/lax

I can usually get the LAX Marriott for covered valet for around $8.00.

I'd stick with the hotels from this site.

I used to use Wally Park and The Parking Spot Century Blvd until I found the discount site. They were great, but not cheap.

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking for LAX

I used The Parking Spot (Sepulveda location) this week for a trip from Monday-Thursday. They offer valet, covered, and outdoor parking on the roof. If you want to make a reservation to ensure availability, you can do this on their web site for a $4.95 fee. The facility is clean and well lit, but I did not have a good experience with the shuttle pick up at LAX. I arrived on a Thursday evening, and the island where the pick up area is located was completely packed with people. I tried to flag down 2 shuttles, but could not navigate through the crowds fast enough to catch the bus. Another shuttle went by and didn't even stop. Three more shuttles passed for the Century location. Finally after waiting over 30 minutes and calling the office I was able to get the shuttle. This process was much too difficult. When I complained to the manager at the facility, he invited me to not come back (!) if I was unhappy. Apparently the shuttle drivers tried to blame me and said I wasn't there. I'm not sure how they would know, since there were hundreds of people at the Courtesy Van area at LAX, and they don't know what I look like. Not likely to use them again.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,048 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking for LAX

I used to go to Lot C (where the employees parked too). But they have raised their price to $12/day so not as competitive. You can get similar rate with some of the other ones mentioned. It was $8/day before.

7. Re: Parking for LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 06:19