We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay near LAX with 2 small kids

Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Best place to stay near LAX with 2 small kids

I will be joing my daughter and her 2 boys(ages 1 & 5) on her trip back to New Zealand. We will be arriving at Lax around 8pm July 22 and fly out at 10:30pm the next day, Where would be the best place to stay near or at the airport that might have a 2 room suite or the ability to extend check out until approx 6pm so that the kids could get in a nap.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,818 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay near LAX with 2 small kids

What is your budget?

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
19,451 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay near LAX with 2 small kids

Please refer to the green bar along the top of this page. Click on Hotels, plug in your dates and choose the LAX area neighborhood. You can also read reviews of hotels.

Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay near LAX with 2 small kids

hoping to keep it under $300. Do you know anything about the 4 points sheraton which gives 24 hour check out

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay near LAX with 2 small kids

Its a decent enough 3-star'ish hotel, one of the closer hotels to the terminals. Here are user reviews -

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d208191-…

You won't need to spend close to $300 for a hotel near LAX - you should be able to get almost any LAX hotel for well below that price. With a family I'd probably look at the LAX Embassy Suites (there are two at LAX - the "south" one is nicer than the "north" one, or the Marriott which has a great pool area.

Edited: 12 April 2013, 18:13
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,937 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay near LAX with 2 small kids

I wouldn't stay at a hotel at the airport unless your departure time was very early in the morning.

With kids, I'd stay at the Sea View inn in Manhattan Beach. This hotel is a short walk to the beach in a very 'walkable' neighborhood with shops., dining, etc. The hotel lends free 'beach supplies'. They have suites with kitchens in them -- perfect for you.

It's a 15 minute taxi ride ($20-$25) between the hotel and the airport.

http://www.theseaviewinn.com/index.htm

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to stay near LAX with 2 small kids

I strongly agree with staying near Manhattan Beach. Much more family friendly, safer, cleaner area. It is quite close to the airport without being on top of it and is on of the best walking areas in Los Angeles to visit. You can see the beach, go shopping and eat out at nice places without a car.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to stay near LAX with 2 small kids

Getting a two room suite will be the tough part. And just because a hotel has "suites" in the name may not tell you everything. May still have just one bedroom. If you want two bedrooms (don't just ask for two rooms, since that could include a bedroom and living area or kitchen), you'll need to check sites of specific hotels. I would be surprised if the Four Points has such suites, except at a high cost, but I don't know. Once you find hotels that fit your criteria of two bedrooms, then choose among them based on area. Would one bedroom and 1 or two portable beds suffice? Some hotels limit the number of people per room.

I've stayed at a number of LAX hotels. Most have swimming pools. And there are buses nearby. Where are you going? If you want to be near a beach, then Manhattan Beach sounds good. Santa Monica pricier and more difficult to get to and from.

Edited: 12 April 2013, 21:31
SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to stay near LAX with 2 small kids

To get such a late check out you may need to pay for 2 nights. The other option is the 24 room stay at the Four Points http://www.fourpointslax.com/hotel-by-lax

That is probably the best option and you can take the bus or a taxi to Santa Monica or Manhattan Beach and back to the hotel for a nap and shower before the flight.

Edited: 12 April 2013, 22:13
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,950 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to stay near LAX with 2 small kids

The Sea View Inn in Manhattan Beach would be my first choice.

http://www.theseaviewinn.com/index.htm

I also like the Marriott Residence Inn in MB. They have free hot breakfast, and evening Manager's Reception, with enough hot food to make a meal. They have full kitchens, and 1 or 2 bedroom.

marriott.com/hotels/…

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,517 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to stay near LAX with 2 small kids

Since you want a 6PM check out, I'd go with the Four Points by Sheraton because of their 24 policy (check in at 6PM, check out at 6PM the next day).