We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Input re: where to go AM meal @ Farmer's Market, Grove area

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego Co.
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Input re: where to go AM meal @ Farmer's Market, Grove area

Hello Everyone,

My husband and I are staying at the Crescent in Beverly Hills, on June 2 & 3rd. We will be heading over to the Grove and Farmers Market for an event. We have to be there early, isn't there a restaurant located there? Any other places, or Starbucks, etc. that you know of, please bring to my attention. If they open early, or are open 24 hours, that would be ideal.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Denise

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Input re: where to go AM meal @ Farmer's Market, Grove area

Your best bet would be to eat at the Farmer's Market itself - there's tons of restaurants / food stalls there - just walk around and go to whatever strikes your fance...

farmersmarketla.com/restaurants/index.html (note there's a 2nd page of listings here, click "M-Z"

Many if not all will be open for breakfast. One of the restaurants there is Dupars (www.dupars.com) which is open 24 hours for sure.

There's a few restaurants in the adjoining Grove mall but I doubt any are open for breakfast so I'd stick with Farmer's Market.

Another highly recommended alternative would be Joan's on Third (www.joansonthird.com) which is basically on the way from your hotel to The Grove / Farmer's Market, but they don't open until 8AM. How early do you need this?

Edited: 15 April 2013, 21:20
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Input re: where to go AM meal @ Farmer's Market, Grove area

DuPar's is nice. I'd have breakfast there.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,074 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Input re: where to go AM meal @ Farmer's Market, Grove area

There's a coffee bean & Tea Leaf (outside of the north side of the Farmers Market, adjacent to the tall tower announcing 'Farmers Market' in the corner of the open-air parking lot for the farmers market). Don't confuse the tall tower with the little minaret on TOP of the Farmers Market building near the corner of Fairfax Av & 3rd St.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Input re: where to go AM meal @ Farmer's Market, Grove area

Just go to the Farmer's Market and look around.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,921 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Input re: where to go AM meal @ Farmer's Market, Grove area

Lots of great places at Farmer's Market.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,486 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Input re: where to go AM meal @ Farmer's Market, Grove area

DuPars would be a fine choice! It/s part of the Farmer's Market. But you might get sidetracked at the food stalls, there are so many choices there.

San Diego Co.
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Input re: where to go AM meal @ Farmer's Market, Grove area

Hey Mach Three,

Thank you for your helpful post! Will be heading out at around 5:30 AM, so looks like Dupars is a great option.

However, as for your fellow "expert" mlgb states, just to go and look around? Are you kidding me?! What a stupid and thoughtless response! WHY would I post here if I didn't want and need your input? I don't know the area, and appreciate your input on the area. However, a response like that should have the other experts concerned regarding this person. I really do NOT appreciate it.

Thank you again Mach Three,

Denise

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Input re: where to go AM meal @ Farmer's Market, Grove area

You might not realize how the Farmer's Market is set up, with open seating surrounded by stalls where you can browse and see what appeals to you

But since you have judged my response as stupid and thoughtless, I hope you enjoy the coffee shop slop served at DuPars.

Edited: 17 April 2013, 01:53
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Input re: where to go AM meal @ Farmer's Market, Grove area

And btw, Denise, in response to your extremely rude post, you might have noticed that nearly every other expert also recommended doing exactly what I suggested.

ie Mach Three

"just walk around and go to whatever strikes your fance..".

scott

Lots of great places at Farmer's Market.

ddffpp

you might get sidetracked at the food stalls, there are so many choices there.

Edited: 17 April 2013, 02:00
10. Re: Input re: where to go AM meal @ Farmer's Market, Grove area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 06:18