We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dodger Stadium Shuttle

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,240 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Dodger Stadium Shuttle

Since there have been recommendations on taking the Dodger Shuttle yet no definitive reports back I thought a report back with my experience last night would help out future users.

The shuttle originates a Union Station. Union Station is served by Metrolink, Amtrak, the Red, Purple, and Gold lines, and many bus lines. There is also parking for those not able to access any of those yet would like to utilize the shuttle.

When arriving at Union Station, make your way to the VIGNES ST exit, which is well marked. As you approach the exit you will see additional signage for the "Bus Plaza" and a freestanding temporary sign pointing the way for the Dodger Shuttle.

The Bus Plaza is also named the Patsaouras Transit Plaza....same place in case you get confused. The plaza is basically a driveway on steroids but is clearly marked with numbers 1 through 9. Bay 3 is the one you want and it's immediately to your right as you exit the Station and go up a few stairs.

The fare is free with a ticket but I did not see them check everyone. If they check and you don't have a ticket the fare is $1.50...which is still relatively inexpensive

Shuttles leave approximately every 10 minutes starting 90 minutes before game time. The route takes you west on Caesar Chavez Ave through some of the old historic sections of LA. Actually, a portion of Casear Chavez is/was a portion of the old Route 66. The shuttle actually has a stop along the way, Casear Chavez and Hill St, which surprised me. There is a sign there and I suppose someone could park near there and hop on the shuttle. I wouldn't recommend that though.

The route is a dedicated bus lane but still has to respect the the traffic lights and speed (it's NOT an express route...just limited to shuttles and buses only).

The route turns into Sunset Blvd and enters the Echo Park neighborhood before entering the stadium grounds. Drop off is behind the Right Field Pavilion, near the Will Call kiosks. Total trip time...10 minutes.

Shuttles will take you back to Union Square after the game and will continue running for 45 minutes after the final out. Pick up is the same as the drop off point. Shuttles were lined up and the wait to get on one was about 90 seconds, if that long. Time to get back to Union Station was about 10 minutes.

Overall, the experience was very good and I would definitely use it again.

Notes:

I left the Thousand Oaks area at 5PM, on a weekday, picked up a buddy in Agoura Hills, and still made the first pitch...not bad at all. We parked the car for free at the Universal City Red Line station and took the Red Line to Union Station, a trip of 28 stress free minutes.

Dr. Z

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dodger Stadium Shuttle

Great report! Thanks Dr. Z

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dodger Stadium Shuttle

Thank you Dr. Z. We will use it next time we go and not drive

By the way if all you Dodgers fans have not seen the viral video on YouTube , after the last game in SF, Matt Kemp went to meet a kid who is in the last stage of his illness and does not have long to live and he gave this Dodger fan his jersey, his cap and his shoes. It was very moving So for all those who are not happy with the team , just see the positive side of this amazing player This is a game but that is class !!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,256 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dodger Stadium Shuttle

Thanks, Drill. Very helpful. How many buses depart from Union Station, every 10 minutes? Just one?

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,256 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dodger Stadium Shuttle

While you're feeling generous, would you mind taking a 'celebrity homes' tour and verifying whether all of the homes on the tour are out of view 'behind shrubbery and gates"?

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,240 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dodger Stadium Shuttle

The 10 minute increment is flexible. I spoke with the driver and asked her if it's a strict schedule or what. Her response was that the buses try to leave within a 10 minute period but will depart if it's full. The next bus is lined up right behind ready for the next load.

Another note....this was not a heavily attended game, as many Dodger games seem to be lately. Obviously, a sold out game such as the upcoming Dodgers-Yankees series will create more demand. Most of this demand will be at the end of the game when everyone that used the shuttle to come in will use them to get out.

Seeing their logistics first hand has reassured me that a sold out game will NOT create any undue waiting issues. On the contrary, driving ones car into and out of the stadium for a sold out game will most likely be a longer endeavor than using the free shuttle.

Dr. Z

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dodger Stadium Shuttle

He he HSJ. That is a good one. Dr z. You can take some soda and candy on the Star tour and get a lot more customers. I think he may do it for that HSJ

As you can imagine. We came our of a Doders G game and yes it took us a long time to come out so the shuttle would be Better and safer if people have a couple of beers and don't have to drive at all

Edited: 09 May 2013, 18:58
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,240 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dodger Stadium Shuttle

Celebrity tours? I grew up with too many of them and have been to many of their homes....along with living across the street from some well known celebrities.....I don't need no stinkin' tour.....

I do like the candy idea though.....

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dodger Stadium Shuttle

Dr. Z's Celebrity All you can eat Candy Tours powered by HopSkipJump

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,938 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dodger Stadium Shuttle

Many thanks for your wonderful, detailed account. We fully intend to do this, using the Expo line from Culver City or, maybe even better, the Rapid 10 Big Blue Bus. The hardest thing for us is getting out of Santa Monica in the evening.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,240 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dodger Stadium Shuttle

This thread was added to the LA FAQ section for future reference.....