We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

See's chocolates

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
See's chocolates

Where is the closet see's chocolates to the westin bonaventure cheers for any help

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: See's chocolates

Hello, Josh M, and welcome to the Los Angeles forum.

Easy to find via their Internet site: http://www.sees.com/ Clicking a few more clicks yields me this page: http://ca.losangeles.sees.com/ Check out the HDS Retail Store at 800 North Alameda Street in Downtown Los Angeles, or the next closest See's Candy store at The Grove at 189 The Grove Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90036 (near 3rd Street and Fairfax Avenue).

A lot of folks don't know that See's Candies, founded by Mary See in Los Angeles in 1921 in an age when there were scores of family owned and run candy shops in that era, is a California institution. It's not Christmas if there's no See's box by the tree in my house. . . just how we were raised, I guess! "Quality without Compromise" says the box, and they are indeed in my estimation the premier supplier of chocolates and candies in California to this day. Their Internet presence, like so many other businesses these days, means anyone can enjoy a box of See's Candy anywhere around the world. You don't have to come to Downtown LA to get yours. . . just go to their Internet site and you can get your very own box of chocolates. . . and with See's, you gonna know what you gonna get, to turn a familiar phrase! (wide grin)

Candy. . . ah la oomph a loompha Candy. . . (smile)

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: See's chocolates

Probably the easiest one to reach would be the See's Candy in Union Station - from the Bonaventure if you walk to the corner of 5th and Flower and then a few blocks on 5th St. to Pershing Square you can board the Red Line subway at Pershing Square and then take it two stops to Union Station.

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: See's chocolates

MachThree, the See's Candy in Union Station is the same one I mentioned at 800 North Alameda Street. Good catch! They're the one and the same.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: See's chocolates

The drawback of the shop in Union Station is that is not run by See's, so they don't carry the entire line of items. So for some folks, fine and convenient, but you might want to go to another location, and if you really want to stock up on See's, there are a few Quantity discount shops in the area.

…sees.com/index.cfm/…Discount_Shop_List

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: See's chocolates

By the way, if you don't absolutely need See's Candies in particular, there's a Rocky Mountain Candy Co. store close by the Bonaventure, in the atrium between the Wells Fargo and KPMG towers. Their candies are very good as well.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,941 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: See's chocolates

On the map below "B" is See's headquarters on La Cienaga Blvd.

http://goo.gl/maps/OD8zE

They are also in the Westside Pavilion, Century City Mall and Glendale Galleria.

They are also in multiple malls in Orange County.

http://goo.gl/maps/zTfkF

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,986 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: See's chocolates

Just got some at our mall yesterday - for Dad. There is no substitute, for him (or for us!)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: See's chocolates

My Mother in Law moved to Oregon about 7 years ago after living 50+ years in LA. The only thing she wants when we go for a visit or send something for Birthday or Christmas is a box of See's, no substitute will do. Also don't bother with those kiosks at the airport or other places, only hand selected pieces will do.

In the 1960's this now 95 year old lady worked part time at the See's in Westchester (LAX). She used to bring home "day old"? candy to her family.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: See's chocolates

We moved to Oregon 37 years ago and our first Christmas here I had to drive almost 60 miles to a mall just outside Portland to buy my wife's box of See's for Christmas. Fortunately they opened a shop in Salem (20 minutes away) not too long after that. so Mrs. OJ can have her See's "fix" anytime the mood strikes. She stocks up on the vouchers at Costco ($20 for 2 one-pound boxes) for extra savings.

Yes, I sometimes raid her stash!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: See's chocolates

See's is the only kind of chocolate I can tolerate. The pre-packaged "Nuts and Chews" were a huge favorite when I commuted to Philly and took them as bribes :)

While going to the store with extra selection is nice .. it is in no way required!