We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in la

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Stay in la

Hi me and partner are coming to stay in LA in November. We will be coming from Anaheim we are staying at the super 8 there and we are looking for the easiest and cheapest way to travel from there to la and would like your advice. We were thinking the greyhound but I can not see how easy it is to get from the la stop to the hotel. We any looking for cheap but ok accommodation as a base we are thinking the coral sands motel the reviews and location look ok would you say this is an ok area to stay in? I have been reading your useful travel advice. We are looking at doing all the general sightseeing spots and universal. Would you say the beaches are a must see or only something to see if you have the time? All your advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,476 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in la

What is your nightly budget for a hotel? What is your specific itinerary? Are you aware of the distance to travel from Anaheim to LA? Understand that LA is very large and spread out, so even making that calculation will have great variation.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,218 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in la

Easiest and cheapest don't necessarily go together. I would recommend the following method of transfer. It is in 3 parts:

1. Take a taxi from your hotel to the Anaheim Amtrak (rail) station next to Angel Stadium. This is a route of less than 2 miles, will take less than 5 minutes and cost $10 or less including tip.

2. Take a metrolinktrains.com train from Anaheim Station to Union Station in Los Angeles. Look for the 'orange county line' on the above website. The ride takes 50 minutes and the tickets are $9 each.

3. At Union Station, transfer to the red line metro rail (show your metrolink train ticket as fare on the red line). Take the train marked "North Hollywood" and get off at the Hollywood/Western station (a 16 minute ride). Walk 1/2 block north on Western Av (1 minute) to the hotel -- which will be on the right side of Western Av.

If you want to save money, you could take a bus from your hotel to the Anaheim rail station ($1.50 per person)

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in la

Thank you for your response looking into this I think we will definitely do your suggested route. I have stopped in la briefly quite a few years ago as I travelled 27 states i did the main sightseeing spots but I wasn't driving and it was a planned route.

The hotel for 2 night is costing £106 so this is our rough budget. We will probably get the 9.11 train from Anaheim so will be in la around 10am we will have the rest of that day, then a full day the next day and then our flight is the following day around 18.00 in the evening. So we are looking as fitting as much in as practical. Again all help is appreciated. Thank you

4. Re: Stay in la

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 06:19