We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget lodging near Gardena

Budget lodging near Gardena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 23:41
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
19,657 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget lodging near Gardena

Will you have a car? Try looking for vacation rentals on vrbo in Torrance or Long Beach. The nicer areas would be the Beaches (Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan). Where in Gardena will you be working? I lived in the area for over 10 years before moving back to the Bay Area.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,025 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget lodging near Gardena

You are correct, you would not want to be located for two weeks in Gardena. There are a lot of places to stay in El Segundo or Manhattan Beach, which is about a 15 minute drive east to your work. Many businesses are located around the airport so the Stay America, Marriott Residence Inn's, etc. are where a lot of people like to be located.

http://mapq.st/12D8Whl

Stay America El Segundo

http://mapq.st/12D8Whl

Residence Inn Manhattan Beach

marriott.com/hotels/…

Culver City...
Level Contributor
702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget lodging near Gardena

I just looked at airbnb.com, and I found this! https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/966401

I plugged in random days in September, just to see what i could find, but this place looks kinda perfect.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget lodging near Gardena

I like the suggestion of a Torrance vacation rental. That way you won't have to get on any freeways for your morning commute to Gardena, and Torrance streets are relatively quiet. BTW parts of Gardena are fine, but there are more dining and shopping options in Torrance for your nights and weekends. It seems like you are on a budget and the beach cities (Manhattan, Redondo, Hermosa) are pretty pricey. Would be helpful to know the general area your business is located. Also if you will have a car. There are tons of extended stay/suite properties in Torrance and Gardena if you decide to go that route.

Edited: 16 July 2013, 17:09
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
19,657 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget lodging near Gardena

I checked vrbo and didn't see anything that met his needs in Torrance. But I forgot El Segund as an option. All of the areas suggested can be reached without going on the 405.

How about this in Redondo? http://www.vrbo.com/908174ha# Doesn't have 4 seperate beds, but I wonder if the owner may be flexible with a cot or something.

I think you have options and just depends on what your budget and needs. Do not settle for a seedy motel in Gardena is what I am saying.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,622 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget lodging near Gardena

For cheap you have Extended Stay America Torrance.

For nicer you have Staybrigde Suites Torrance, Springhill Suites Hawthorne, TownePlace Suites Hawthorne.

Frankly I'd go for a bit longer drive and stay at the Best Western Plus Sunrise Hotel at the Redondo Beach harbor.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
19,657 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget lodging near Gardena

The Extended Stay America in Torrance is actually in a very nice location. Did not look to see what the inside is like though. It is next to a residential area with single family houses and higher end townhomes. Lots to do and eat around there and you will definitely blend in with the locals. I lived very near there for many years and must have driven by this location hundreds of times if not more. Depending on where you need to go to Gardena, I can't forsee a very long commute.

Edited: 16 July 2013, 20:39
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget lodging near Gardena

Gardena actually has some great restaurants if you like Italian, Japanese or Peruvian.

Some of the extended-stay type hotels may have a triple accom, or a 2 bedroom unit may have a sofa. But they are probably going to be more expensive than a vrbo type rental.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,622 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget lodging near Gardena

>>>Gardena actually has some great restaurants if you like.....<<<<

Hawaiian.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
19,657 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Budget lodging near Gardena

Read my mind Scott! : ) I still miss paradise cake and the kalua pork plate from The Local Place. OP - if you decide on a place, I can give you more recs on cheap eats in the Gardena/Torrance/Harbor Gateway area if interested.

Eatalian is a "hidden" gem. Dim sum at Sea Empress is not bad for the area.

Edited: 17 July 2013, 04:13