We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LA Kings Hockey Schedule has been released for 2013-14

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
LA Kings Hockey Schedule has been released for 2013-14

OK, first off, let's look at the pre-season schedule.

Day Date Opponent City Venue Time (PT)

Sun. Sept. 15 - Coyotes Phoenix Jobing.com Arena 7 p.m. (split squad)

Sun. Sept. 15 - Coyotes Los Angeles STAPLES Center 7:30 p.m. (split squad)

Tue. Sept. 17 - Ducks Anaheim Honda Center 7 p.m.

Fri. Sept. 20 - Avalanche Denver Pepsi Center 6 p.m.

Tues. Sept. 24 - Ducks Los Angeles STAPLES Center 7:30 p.m.

Fri. Sept. 27 - Rangers Las Vegas MGM Grand 7:30 p.m.

Sat. Sept. 28 - Avalanche Las Vegas MGM Grand 7 p.m.

Next is the Regular season schedule, note all games except the special Outdoor game at Dodgers Stadium on Saturday, January 24th are held at the Staples Center in Downtown LA.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

Tickets are not yet on sale, but for those planning trips, at least you know what dates the team is in town.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LA Kings Hockey Schedule has been released for 2013-14

can i ask a question ? will be going in december 4 to 20 and would love to go to a game but will have to go on my own.So is it worth it ?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LA Kings Hockey Schedule has been released for 2013-14

Why not? In fact, you will get a better seat buying a single ticket.

More than likely you nearby seatmates will be friendly, especially if you root for the Kings.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LA Kings Hockey Schedule has been released for 2013-14

Based on your dates, my personal first choice would be the Kings/Sharks game on the 19th, as it would be 2 California Teams playing, both tend to be in the playoff chase most years.

But any of the games on your dates would be worth it, just to enjoy the "flavor" of the game.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,480 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LA Kings Hockey Schedule has been released for 2013-14

In your circumstances, I'd actually recommend buying a more inexpensive ticket. These seats tend to be filled with the hard-coare hockey fans. You will find Kings fans to be very friendly and informative. They are very happy to share their knowledge of the game.

Hockey is also a sport which is much better for new fans when seen live. Unless you grew up watching hockey on TV (frankly, Americans are clueless in this regard), it can be difficult to appreciate.

HTH

Melbourne
Level Contributor
132 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LA Kings Hockey Schedule has been released for 2013-14

Great- thanks for that, I really wanted to check out a game when I come next year

Is that the full season listing? It seems to end on April 12th and I'll be in LA on April 28th :(

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LA Kings Hockey Schedule has been released for 2013-14

That is the Regular Season Schedule, the Playoffs start right after that, and about half the teams make it to the first round, so there is a good chance of catching a Playoff game, Maybe the Kings, maybe the Anaheim Ducks, maybe Both. The drawback is that the schedule isn't known until around the end of the season, and then they set series, and some games might not be played if one team has a hot streak. So you just have to start following the sports news in April, and see how things are shaping up.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LA Kings Hockey Schedule has been released for 2013-14

Yes, that is the regular season schedule; NBA Basketball runs on a similar time frame for their season as well. If you will be in Los Angeles on April 28th, then you could be fortunate enough to see a post season NHL hockey game or the last few games of the NBA regular season. Both the Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks can enter the playoffs , or not at all. I'd watch the NHL schedule on their official website come April to know the playoffs schedule and seeding for those games.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
132 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LA Kings Hockey Schedule has been released for 2013-14

Thanks for that :)

really want to make an NBA game too so fingers crossed!

I had hoped to see a College Football game, but apparently I'll miss that timing by a long shot- are there any other College games that have the big following and atmosphere? basketball?

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LA Kings Hockey Schedule has been released for 2013-14

College basketball is huge in some parts of the US, but their season culminates in March in the tournament lovingly called "March Madness". 64 teams in tourney to determine the champion of first tier college basketball.

College football ends in January and starts in August. Best bet for your April visit would be the aforementioned hockey playoffs and or tail end of NBA season

UK
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LA Kings Hockey Schedule has been released for 2013-14

When would tickets for the end of October be released and where would be the best place to buy them, is the stadium usually sold out?