We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Time from Staples Centre to Disneyland Hotel

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Time from Staples Centre to Disneyland Hotel

We are going to be in LA attending a concert at the Staples Centre on the night of August 10th. My questions is about the driving time between the Staples Centre and the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim.

My daughter and wife will be attending the concert while my son and I will be waiting for them until the concert finishes up.

One of my thoughts is that my son and I drive to the hotel in Anaheim after dropping them off, check-in, and then drive back to pick them up. I will drop them off around 6:30pm or so and I think I will need to pick them back up at around 10:30pm on the Saturday night. Is this realistic given traffic on a Saturday night and distance from the SC to Anaheim?

Other alternative is that my son and I hang out around the Staples Centre. If we do that, what suggestions are there for us to do to kill a couple of hours. He is 12 years old.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help!

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,609 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Time from Staples Centre to Disneyland Hotel

The simplest plan would be to park at or nearby the LA Live complex. Have dinner with your family. When your wife and daughter go to the concert, you and your son go to a movie next door. There is a large multiplex theatre next door. After the concert and movie, you head to Anaheim.

Leaving LA Live, I would take Figueroa south to Adams or Exposition and get on the 110 southbound. The traffic getting onto the freeway is a zoo and easily avoided.

I considered a number if other options like the Natural History Museum or Hollywood. But, most kid-friendly venues close for the evening. So seeing a movie seems like the best default option.

HTH

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Time from Staples Centre to Disneyland Hotel

Thanks HTH - I appreciate the research - the movie sounds like a good idea. Do you think it is too much to drive to Anaheim and back while the concert is on?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Time from Staples Centre to Disneyland Hotel

The drive from LA to Anaheim is one hour each way on a good day - two hours each day in heavy traffic (and it's hard to predict because this stretch of freeway gets a lot of traffic so an accident or breakdown is always possible). I'd just do it once, if I were you.

4. Re: Travel Time from Staples Centre to Disneyland Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 05:16