We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX Luggage storage advice?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
LAX Luggage storage advice?

Hi, I'm planning to pass through LAX later this month on the way to the east coast for a 4 week tour. I'll be coming back to LAX afterwards to make my way to university, where I'll be doing a semester abroad. Now I will be taking my laptop for university, but don't particularly want to take it on my camping tour. I'll be overnighting at an airport hotel between my arriving flight and flight to the east coast, so I was planning on checking my laptop into LAX luggage storage. Does anyone know/heard anything about this company with regards to storage of valuables? Or have any other ideas?

Thanks so much!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAX Luggage storage advice?

We've been aware of this company for many years here in this forum, but I don't think we've ever heard back from anyone who has used the company. It seems to be fairly expensive. I would check, but it may turn out to be cheaper to leave your laptop at home and have a friend or relative ship it to you at your University.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,729 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAX Luggage storage advice?

You could simply mail the laptop to yourself at the university when you land at LAX. Is there someone who could hold it for you at the university? Of course, it would be wrapped in a package without disclosing its contents but I would hope it wouldn't be laying about for 4 weeks.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LAX Luggage storage advice?

Thanks guys! I did have a look at shipping, which, from Australia was pretty much the same price that the storage company wanted. But I will look into shipping it from LA when I arrive.

4. Re: LAX Luggage storage advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 05:16