We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More directions to Dodger Stadium..please help

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
More directions to Dodger Stadium..please help

I know this subject has been touched on many, many times, but your assistance is appreciated.

We are arriving the 2nd week in Sept and staying up in the Valley--12600 Riverside Dr., North Hollywood. We will have a car, but were looking at public transportation to get to the stadium for the Dogders/Giants game on Thursday night. I notice on the map that Union station is on the other side of the stadium from where we will be..now we could go on 101 and hopefully avoid traffic if there is parking around Union Station.

Or is there another route to get there from that area? What would you recommend? Your imput is appreciated.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More directions to Dodger Stadium..please help

I would do this:

Drive to the North Hollywood subway station- its at the intersection of Chandler Blvd. and Lankershim Blvd. - about 2.5 miles from your address on Riverside Dr. There you can take the Red Line subway all the way to Union Station (about 30-35 minutes transit time on the train plus waiting time for the train - the train runs every 12 minutes roughly). There's a big free parking lot next to the subway station.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,556 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More directions to Dodger Stadium..please help

I'm sensing that you'd prefer to drive and are looking for the most expeditious route. In general, the 101 freeway would be the way to go (although it will be slow-going if it's a weeknight game). Tell us where you're staying exactly, and we might have some other ideas.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,312 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More directions to Dodger Stadium..please help

You're staying at the venerable Mikado, now the Best Western Mikado! The adjoining Mikado Japanese Restaurant was a popular place with my friends and me when I had an apartment 1 street over from there...... Memories....

Anyways, if there is only one or two of you it may make some sense to drive to the aforementioned Metro stop and take the Red Line to Union Station. If there are 3 or more I would just drive.

Union Station has parking. I really can't recall how much it is. If you get there early enough, walk through Union Station towards Alameda st and check out the older Art Deco style of the station. Across the street you can explore old Olvera Street and one block down Alameda check out Philippe's , home of the original French Dip Sandwich.

When ready, head back to the Patasourous Bus plaza at Union Station, on the Vignes St side. There will be a Dodger Shuttle that will take you to the stadium at no charge.

By the way.... When you stay at the Mikado make sure to ask for a room either facing the pool area or Riverside Dr. If you face the 101 it could be loud at night due to passing trucks and loud cars/motorcycles.

Dr. Z

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,688 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More directions to Dodger Stadium..please help

You can take the shuttle from Union Station, too. It takes forever to get out of Dodger's parking lot after a game. A fun night at the ballgame can easily be spoiled by bumper to bumper traffic for an hour (fans are famous for leaving the game in the 8th inning to avoid traffic. Shoot, sometimes they leave in the 7th!!). Take the red line, use the shuttle, and save your sanity.

Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More directions to Dodger Stadium..please help

Thanks all--Yes it is the Mikado, Dr. Oz. And it's just my husband & I --so we probably will take the bus to the station and go from there.

Getting out of Yankee stadium or Football Giants at the Meadowlands after a game can take forever....never mind leaving a concert or bway show in NYC, so we know exactly what that's like.

6. Re: More directions to Dodger Stadium..please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 06:21