We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 day stopover in LA in October

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 day stopover in LA in October

Have a weekend to myself in LA on a work trip in October.

Have travelled extensively overseas, but first trip to USA.

Looking for nice place to stay, and some ideas of what to do and see.

Budget $300-$400 per night for accommodation.

Not interested in theme parks (family would kill me), prefer good restaurants, nice bars and sights.

Ideas?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 day stopover in LA in October

With that budget, you can afford to stay in a nice hotel in a nice area. Generally, without a better idea of what places you'll be visiting, I'd say to start in West Hollywood (The London, Mondrian, Chateau Marmont, Grafton on Sunset, Sunset Tower, Andaz, Sunset Marquis are a few options there) or Beverly Grove (Sofitel, SLS, Elan). Both areas tend to be quite central for most tourist itineraries, and both are full of great restaurants and bars - the latter area a bit less on pure bars, while West Hollywood is one of the bigger nightlife areas in the city, lots of restaurants, bars and smaller night life venues.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,323 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 day stopover in LA in October

What are your interests? What do you want to see in LA? Will you have a car?

3. Re: 2 day stopover in LA in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:22