We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Los Angeles

ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Los Angeles

Hi All

Myself and my husband two kids 9 and 2 going to LA on the 2nd of dec for 3nights.We want to visit disneyland and a couple of the LA sights walk of fame etc,,,Could anybody recommend a good hotel? would a hotel near disney be a good base or should we stay in different hotels??

Thank you very much

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Los Angeles

If you are going to spend more than a day at Disneyland, it is a good place to stay, especially with a two year old.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Los Angeles

For three nights, I wouldn't change Hotels. (If it was longer, it makes more sense).

I would base myself in the Anaheim/Garden Grove area near Disneyland, lots of accommodations that a reasonably priced and lots of different options.

Then I would take a day trip to the Hollywood area, if you have a rental car, that is fine, otherwise use the Gray Line Tour Company or Public Transit to check out the area for a day.

As for Hotels, I like the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel in Anaheim for families due to the pricing, location and the water park they offer and more (Highly rated at TA). Now in December, the Water Play areas might not be that important.

Other options include the Residence Inn Maingate if you like a kitchen in your room, Park Vue Inn for a very close place to Disneyland, and more.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g29092-Anaheim_Califo…

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Los Angeles

Anaheim is about an hour south of the rest of LA by car, longer by train / bus. With only three days, I would stay in LA if you are only doing Disney for one day. I'd stay in Anaheim if you are doing Disney for two days - just to avoid a little extra back and forth transit. Please let us know your hotel budget per night, if you are planning to rent a car (or will be relying on public transit), and, if possible, let us know what other sights you want to see in LA beyond the Walk of Fame.

ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Los Angeles

Thanks the reply We will be renting a car.We were thnking of doing one day in disney and i'm just doing some research into what else to visit while in LA maybe a beach??

Thanks for your help MachThree and Darkbeer

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,075 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in Los Angeles

Our TOP QUESTIONS box at the right side of this page has itinerary ideas. There are also links all over this page dealing with 'what to do'

M H
London, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days in Los Angeles

Biltmore Millenium was deemed to be good....we were supposed to check in today...but had our previously approved ESTA revised at the airport. Missed flight...lost hotel and £7000 holiday booking..no refund. I would advise you to check and double check your visa requirements if travelling from UK...especially if your name and creed is not to US immigrations liking.

7. Re: 3 days in Los Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:21