We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas club lounges LAX to Brisbane, Australia

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
621 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Qantas club lounges LAX to Brisbane, Australia

Hello, can you please tell me whether the Qantas Club lounges have been upgraded at LAX? When I travelled through LAX to Australia in 2009 there appeared to be one Qantas Club lounge that was better than the other. We had friends flying to Sydney, Australia and we flew to Brisbane, Australia. They talked about their Qantas lounge after the event and it sounded so much better than ours. Maybe they were kidding ;) LOL At any rate, is there any difference between the lounges? We will be flying on QF16 from LAX to Brisbane in 2014. Further, can we go into another terminal to the Qantas lounge than the one that we will be leaving from?

Thanks for your help.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas club lounges LAX to Brisbane, Australia

Not sure about the Qantas lounges and what they're like, but no, you cannot go into a lounge in any terminal other than the one you are leaving from. The lounges are all behind security and you can only get behind security in each terminal if you either arrive on a flight at that terminal or have a ticket for a flight leaving from that terminal.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
621 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas club lounges LAX to Brisbane, Australia

Thank you for your reply MachThree! I guess it doesn't matter which lounge is the best in the end by the sounds of it! :)

Perth, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas club lounges LAX to Brisbane, Australia

LA to Brisbane lounge is in different terminal at LAX and is an American Airlines lounge. Food and drinks are not complimentary, where they most likely are in a Qantas run lounge. Will be submitting a complaint to Qantas over this. They could atleast provide food vouchers.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
621 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas club lounges LAX to Brisbane, Australia

I have heard today that you can get on a bus once airside to go from T4 to TBIT at LAX and then return. Does anyone know about this?

Perth, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Qantas club lounges LAX to Brisbane, Australia

Here we are, no seats or everyone looking very uncomfortable in the few that are available. Quieter in the main terminal. An absolutely appallling excuse for a First Class lounge.Yes, I know the 'real' First opens next year but this business lounge feels like Karratha on a good FIFO day. Another reason to fly Emirates, as if we needed any more .

6. Re: Qantas club lounges LAX to Brisbane, Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2015, 07:16