We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Angeles Dodgers Vs Colardo Rockies seats? which game?

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Los Angeles Dodgers Vs Colardo Rockies seats? which game?

Hi, I will be travelling from ireland to LA in September. I wanted to go to baseball game. I dont really know anything about baseball just want to go for fun. Where is best to seat? I just want average seat. And from what I can see when I search there is game on 27th, 28th and 29th. Which game is best to go to?

Any other advice appreceiated.

Thanks

Louise.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,546 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Angeles Dodgers Vs Colardo Rockies seats? which game?

For a first time visitor I would not recommend spending excessive amounts of money just to see the game. I would recommend a good mix of value and good seats.

So, I would recommend the "Infield Reserve" sections. These are section 11,15,19 and 10,16, 20

The 29th will be more expensive than the others as it's Fan Appreciation Day.

The Friday game will have fireworks after the game and the Saturday game will have a sleeved blanket giveaway.

Dr. Z

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Angeles Dodgers Vs Colardo Rockies seats? which game?

I would suggest going on the 27th or the 28th - these are evening games, and at that time of year it can get slightly chilly at night at the stadium (but might not be) - so plan to have a light jacket with you just in case (and if you go on the 28th, they're giving away blankets so you wouldn't need your own jacket). The game on the 29th is a day time game - depending on what part of the stadium you end up sitting in, you can spend all or part of the game stuck in the sunshine as the sun moves across the sky and shadows move around the stadium.

Each game also has a promotion: the 27th will have fireworks after the game. The 28th they will give each fan a sleeved Dogers blanket. And the 29th is Fan Appreciation Day, which is the last home game of the season and they usually have lots of give-aways for that.

As far as the games themselves, there probably won't really much be any difference. These are the last three games of the season for the Dodgers. At this point they are in first place by a substantial margin, so if things keep going the way they are, the Dodgers will likely have mathematically locked up first place by the time these three games are played. This means that the Dodgers may chose to rest some of their best players for the playoffs, but the games should still be good.

As for where to sit, here's a seating map for Dodger Stadium.

…mlb.com/la/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp

My usual suggestion for first time attendees, especially those who may not want to spend a ton of money for the best seats, is to sit behind home plate but in the upper decks, where seats are cheap. These seats are high up, so a bit further away from the action, but they're also in a perfect position to get a good overview of the game, and from the center of the field in front of the defenders which is the best view (generally the best and most expensive seats are considered to be those behind home plate but lower down - so here you've got mostly the same angle on the action, just from higher up but for a lot less money). So, specifically, look at the bottom of the seating chart. You'll want to sit in the lowest numbered section possible either on the reserve deck (light blue seats at the bottom - preferable somewhere in section 1-9) or on the top deck (darker blue seats - any section on the top deck is fine, but the lower the number, the better).

Edited: 02 September 2013, 18:57
Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Angeles Dodgers Vs Colardo Rockies seats? which game?

Thanks so much for all the advice. Very helpfull.

I think I would like to go to sunday game. Is this a final? And is there much celebration on fan appreciation day or would Friday & Saturday be the same? I will have a look at seating plan and as suggested sit behind homeplate but in upper decks, will also have a look at infield reserve section to.

Thanks again. Appreciate it ;-)

Louise.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Angeles Dodgers Vs Colardo Rockies seats? which game?

No, the game on Sunday is not really a final, per se.

Basically, the Sunday game is the last game of the regular baseball season for the Dodgers. Each baseball team plays 162 games during the regular season - 81 at home and 81 away from there home stadium. The games are generally one game per day, but to save travel expense etc., two teams usually play 3 or 4 games against each other over the course of 3 or 4 days, instead of playing one game against one team, then one game against a different team the next day, etc. The game on the 29th simply happens to be the last of the 162 game the Dodgers will play during the regular season - it counts the same as any other regular season game. After that game, the Dodgers will begin the playoffs / post season games, assuming that they qualify which looks very likely at this point. .

Edited: 03 September 2013, 21:46
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Angeles Dodgers Vs Colardo Rockies seats? which game?

Sunday's Fan Appreciation day tends to be giveaways, where lucky seat holders win prizes from Team Sponsors.

Here is last year's giveaways.

losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp…

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,674 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Angeles Dodgers Vs Colardo Rockies seats? which game?

I would agree with MachThree and Dr Z. and suggest an evening game so that visitors have the day to sightsee and enjoy LA. I would recommend going to a game to see a new game and not worry about the giveaway mumbo jumbo.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Angeles Dodgers Vs Colardo Rockies seats? which game?

Friday's night game offers a Fireworks Show after the game.

Saturday's game is a free sleeved blanket with the LA Dodgers logo (similar to a Snuggie) to the first 40,000 fans in attendance.

But the purpose of most Fan Appreciation Days is that the fact the majority of teams, like the Angels, Padres and Giants this year, are playing their last game of the season, and is a way to thank the fans for attending throughout the year, before the players head to the golf course... (aka vacation until early 2014).

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,674 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Los Angeles Dodgers Vs Colardo Rockies seats? which game?

Clearly the previous poster does not follow baseball. A hundred and eighty games take a toll on a player's body and also on their family life and most take some down time and then get back to a regular workout, different practice leagues and even go and play winter ball in Latin America

Very few just go on vacation.

Edited: 03 September 2013, 22:16
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,546 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Los Angeles Dodgers Vs Colardo Rockies seats? which game?

Not that this really makes a difference in what Louise A is deciding for her holiday, but Fan appreciation day is as much about advertising as it is for thanking fans.

It really has zero to do with the frequency of fans attendance nor with the quality of play of the repective team. A fan has just as much chance of winning a prize if it's their very first game of the season or if they have been to every one of the 81 home games.

Louise - It looks like MachThree answered your question about the type of game and so on.

I would still lean towards the Fri or Sat games still.

Dr. Z

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Los Angeles Dodgers Vs Colardo Rockies seats? which game?

If you do sit in the Top Deck, walk around the concourse just beyond the Top of the Park gift shop to see nice views of Downtown and the east side.