We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX - Changing Terimials

Sparks, Nevada
1 post
Save Topic
LAX - Changing Terimials

I am flying into LAX on Alaska Airlines which I believe lands at terminal 3 (according to the terminal map). They I catch a Delta flight to Kauai. I do not have gate assignments yet; but according to the terminal map Delta is at terminal 5. The flight was set up with Alaska Airlines all the way but was changed to include a plane change to Delta Airlines at LAX. If I have to change terminals is walking feasible? I have about a 6 hour lay over; so plenty of time. Or would a shuttle make more sense? Thanks out there.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAX - Changing Terimials

HI ! You dont need to walk , as there are shuttles that go from Terminal to Terminal, its very easy and very well organised....Also, walking is not feasible as the airport is very spread out and so much traffic, chaos...

cheers Gabby

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,662 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAX - Changing Terimials

The airport is a U shape, very easy to walk - it's a small airport in relation to other international airports. You have plenty of time to go from terminal to terminal, either on foot or on the shuttle.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,048 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LAX - Changing Terimials

You can take the shuttle or walk. LAX is quite compact so walking is not a problem. Shuttles do come around often enough.

LAX map:

…hinet.net/images/termmap_061406.gif

4. Re: LAX - Changing Terimials

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 06:21