We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Questions (AMTRAK)(Night Club)

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2 Questions (AMTRAK)(Night Club)

Hello all,

Hope u r all doing great... i will be in the LA by end of this month... am staying for some days in Anaheim then moving to LA after that... i will use AMTRAK from ANA to LA,

My question is do i need to pre book online AMTRAK ticket or i can buy it on board or from the station or wherever?

Another question which may be weird somehow!

I would like to try some night clubs in LA (have never been to any before!), is there a recommendation for a cool night club in Hollywood area? i have read the reviews and found in highland center called level 7 i think...u recommend it or is there any other good club to spend the night..just want the experience & NOT to be spoiled :D..

Also what are the systems in night club? same as diners? you go have a drink pay for drink at end of the night and that's all or what? ... i know it is a naive question.. but i have never been before..

Thanks guys!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,749 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Questions (AMTRAK)(Night Club)

I'll leave it to others to respond to your questions but will simply say that there are two rail companies:

amtrak.com

and

metrolinktrains.com

Both follow the same tracks and stop at the same stations in the Disneyland area and in downtown L.A. Metrolink, however, is less expensive than amtrak (although amtrak has many, many more trains per day -- especially in the middle of the day, the evenings and on weekends).

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,118 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Questions (AMTRAK)(Night Club)

Where are you going to be staying?

Most clubs have a "cover charge", which is just admission into the club, no drinks included. A cover is usually $10-$20. Arriving at the club early, some don't have the cover until 10PM.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Questions (AMTRAK)(Night Club)

i will be staying in hollywood (beside metro red line station of hollywood/west)

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Questions (AMTRAK)(Night Club)

Yes, look at Metrolink first, then Amtrak as needed. I don't think you'd need to reserve that leg on Amtrak. Short ride. When you get to Union Station in L.A., the Metro Red Line is right downstairs.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Questions (AMTRAK)(Night Club)

p.s. Metrolink trains don't have quite as much space for bags as do Amtrak trains, as they're designed for commuters, but if you sit downstairs near the doors there should be enough space for most people. The advantage over Amtrak is a slightly lower cost.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Questions (AMTRAK)(Night Club)

i will be moving to LA from ANA with luggage for sure.. i believe AMTRAK do provide place for luggage, right?

so is there vending machines for tickets at AMTRAK stations?

7. Re: 2 Questions (AMTRAK)(Night Club)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 06:21