We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does this look OK to do in a day?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Does this look OK to do in a day?

Hi there,

Just over a week until we leave and a few last minute queries.

I have scheduled Saturday the 5th October for the following. Does it look OK? (We will be staying in West Hollywood the night before)

1. California Science Museum

2. Natural History Museum

I am guessing these will take us to early afternoon, then:

Drive to a vantage point to look at the Hollywood sign, come back and walk some of the Walk of Fame.

Will we have time to see a bit of Griffin Park afterwards? Possibly look at the observatory in the evening.

Have I missed any `must dos' - we have 2 kids 10 and 11. Not really interested in the Kodak Theatre or Hollywood itself, but think we should at least see the Walk of Fame.

Many thanks

Edited: 18 September 2013, 07:40
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
21,950 posts
5,139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does this look OK to do in a day?

You can see the Hollywood sign from the Hollywood and Highland Center

hollywoodsign.org/seeing-the-sign/…

and then just walk the Walk of Fame

(sorry - if you see the Walk of Fame you will also see most of the sights of Hollywood....)

Griffith Observatory is open Saturday night so yes, you will have time to see it.

In terms of the museums in the morning it might take a bit longer - but you will still have fun to do it all as you have planned.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does this look OK to do in a day?

Great thanks Mini.

Just checked the observatory website and it is closed for a special event the day we are there.

Any other early evening suggestions?

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,079 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does this look OK to do in a day?

There are lots of places from which to see the Hollywood sign. For example, there's a view of it from the Parking area of the Griffith Observatory or from the Barnsdall Art Park which is just outside of Griffith Park. If it were me, I'd stop at Barnsdall directly after the Natural History Museum and then follow that with the short drive into Griffith Park (or drive to Griffith Park after the Natural History Museum).

As far as evening activities, the El Capitan Theater (across the street from the Hollywood & Highland Center Mall) has Disney movies which are usually paired with a live movie-themed show as well as a short organ concert from the massive Wurlitzer organ.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,490 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does this look OK to do in a day?

I like evenings at the Grove/Original Farmers Market. The market has food booths (permanent), so everyone in the family can choose their own food, from tacos to a nice little French bistro. Take the trolley ride through The Grove and window shop/stroll around there for a bit. You can catch a movie there, too. Keep your eyes opened, The Grove is a pretty good place to see celebrities.

5. Re: Does this look OK to do in a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 06:20