We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from LGB(long beach airport) to LAX(LA airport)

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
from LGB(long beach airport) to LAX(LA airport)

Hi,

We'll be arriving at Long beach airport tomorrow and but renting a car from LAX as it's much cheaper in this way. Do you have any idea how to get to LAX from LGB by public transportation? I googled and also searched on LGB website but can't find much about it. Tried Amtrak with no success.

Many thanks in advance,

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from LGB(long beach airport) to LAX(LA airport)

Alas, there is no real option from LGB to LAX using public transit with luggage.

The best option is using a Shared Van service, such as Prime Time Shuttle or Super Shuttle.

Shame you can't get a rental car from LGB, the rental offices are RIGHT across the road from the terminal, along with the cars.

I flew out of LGB last week, and it is awesome with the new upgrades. I took some photos, and alas, since I am on the road, the album does also include some photos of Seattle, but the first half of the album features LGB.

http://tinyurl.com/npjk2r4

(Yes, it is that small.)

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,736 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from LGB(long beach airport) to LAX(LA airport)

How have you booked your car? If you use a 3rd party service like carhire3000,com, the rate should be the same at either airport.

It helps if you post your country of residence with your screen name as that will help us to respond to your questions more effectively. For example, in the present example, CarHire3000.com is not available to those with citizenship in North American

To add this info, click on 'your tripadvisor' and then edit your profile.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,736 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from LGB(long beach airport) to LAX(LA airport)

If you don't want to change your car reservation, you could hire a car at LGB and drive to LAX. If you use CarHire3000,com, the least expensive '1-day' car hire is about $40. Add petrol to that, and you're at about $45 which compares favorably with a 'shared van'.

4. Re: from LGB(long beach airport) to LAX(LA airport)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 06:20