We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anaheim to Universal Studios

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kailua, Hawaii
1 post
Save Topic
Anaheim to Universal Studios

Planning on going to Universal on a weekday. Thinking of leaving our hotel in Anaheim about 5:30am, drive to Universal (hoping to avoid heavy traffic), have breakfast somewhere near Universal Studios. What time do you think we will arrive at Universal? Any good places to eat, not to much $$$ there will be 10 of us. What's the best time to leave Universal for our treck back to our Hotel in Anaheim. Any advice...greatly appreciated, Big Mahalo's!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,435 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anaheim to Universal Studios

Welcome to the forums PhatCat13,

If you left Anaheim at 5:30, your likely to arrive there in about 1 hour, since you would miss most of any rush hour traffic likely.

Not that familar with where to eat near there, but Im sure someone will come along to post who is...Pinks though is pretty inexpensive and good standard diner type food.

I would leave after 7pm or so to miss the heavier traffic.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anaheim to Universal Studios

I presume the hours will be 10 to 6 PM, the standard off-season hours on a weekday. USH does extended hours during busier times.

So I would want to be at the park by 9:30 AM or a bit earlier to park the car, and get to the main entrance. (Hopefully you will have your tickets in advance.)

Now, the drive is about 45 minutes to an hour in light traffic, so I would add an hour for rush hour traffic, and hit the road at 7 AM. Have breakfast before leaving Anaheim.

As for leaving, after the park closes, head to the Universal CityWalk next door and hang out in the Shoppertainment Mall until at least 7 PM to avoid the evening rush hour.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,435 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anaheim to Universal Studios

With a large group, you may want to look at the Mousesavers.com website which lists current discounts on attractions for you to see if there are some discounts on ticket, as there usually are some. ( they dont sell tickets) And depening on what else your doing, you can compare multi-attraction tickets to see what works out to be less expensive for you.

mousesavers.com/discounts-and-deals-at-other…

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anaheim to Universal Studios

A great place for breakfast, and very popular with some studio people, is Good Neighbor Restaurant. It's on Cahuenga Blvd, right below Universal Studios, near the Cahuenga entrance. I've been many times, and even seen a few celebs there that were filming on the lot. It's inexpensive and service is really fast.

http://www.goodneighborrestaurant.com/

5. Re: Anaheim to Universal Studios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:19