We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Tour Los Angeles to San Fransisco

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Bus Tour Los Angeles to San Fransisco

I am a 55 year old woman travelling on my own. I would like to do a bus tour from Los Angeles to San Fransisco. I have been to both cities several times. I would like to go to Yosemite, Big Sur, Monterey. Any recommendations?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,758 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Tour Los Angeles to San Fransisco

a Bus "tour" or simply transportation to get there?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,698 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Tour Los Angeles to San Fransisco

Here are some tours I'd look at.

starlinetours.com/los-angeles-to-san-francis…

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,751 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Tour Los Angeles to San Fransisco

Please note that none of these "tours" actually go through Big Sur, despite what their headlines say. You would either need to rent a car and self drive or hire a private guide to see that part of the coast.

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Tour Los Angeles to San Fransisco

A bus tour as I will be travelling on my own

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
209 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Tour Los Angeles to San Fransisco

A few years ago, I did LA to San Francisco with a tour company. We called at Yosemite, did a tour of San Francisco and on the way back did the 17 mile coastal tour. The hotel was nice, though about 20 miles out of San Francisco and the tour was cheap. The majority of customers were Chinese so they did make a habit of stopping at Chinese restaurants on the way but I thoroughly enjoyed the trip. They have a few variations of the trip.

taketours.com/los-angeles-ca/…

6. Re: Bus Tour Los Angeles to San Fransisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 06:19