We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in the evening this week!

Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go in the evening this week!

Hi,

I've read the recommendations and been to LA before, but never experienced the night life, we have the nights of the 16th, 18th, and 19th to fill and fancy a decent LA nightclub on one of them. We're from London so celeb spotting is not top of the list, but a bit of a-lister will give us bragging rights :-) I've done some of the daytime touristy things like sunset strip, hollywood, melrose, bevery hills, santa monica, venice and long beach. Any advice on nightlife, cool clubs and the not so touristy spots much appreciated.

thanks

Cheryl

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in the evening this week!

Hollywood (larger, full-on night clubs) and West Hollywood (smaller, more intimate venues) are the two big nightlife areas for clubs, but other areas like Santa Monica have some as well. I would suggest that you check the calendar section at the LA Weekly (www.laweekly.com) for your dates to see what's happening.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,869 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in the evening this week!

Where are you staying and do you have a car? This is a huge city with many nightlife options - with Downtown LA and Santa Monica being the centers, at the moment. Atoms for Peace is playing the Hollywood Bowl on Wed, the nearby bars will be packed after the show.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,897 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in the evening this week!

Well, Santa Monica has some nice nightlife but I'm not sure they're the center of L.A. nightlife, at present. Downtown L.A. has definitely made a comeback on that score but Santa Monica is still in 4th place by a wide margin.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,869 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in the evening this week!

Absolutely not true, HSJ. The parade of people you see on Main Street on each night, bar hopping, as well as all the bars clustered around Ocean, Santa Monica, 2nd, Broadway, etc, which also attracts a swarming parade. Then there are the hour long waits outside Bungalow, Penthouse, 3110 and more. They are heading west, now (as well as further east - downtown is hopping). Santa Monica happy hour, also, is a HUGE scene.

Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go in the evening this week!

Thank you for the replies, we've not booked the hotel yet, was gonna try and find a good nightlife spot and pick a hotel near there so we didn't have to worry about driving. I'm not too ken on driving, nearly killed me last time ;-) what are taxis like and are they really expensive? Having looked for a few hotels today can't find one I like, any suggestions!! (Around the $200 a night mark)

Leaving it a bit late (doh) we arrive Wednesday afternoon!

Thanks

6. Re: Where to go in the evening this week!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 07:18