We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations near the Sports Arena

San Diego
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Topic
Accommodations near the Sports Arena

We are going to a Pearl Jam concert at the LA Sports Arena and I'm looking for some nearby accommodations. I will be 7 months pregnant so an easy walking distance is preferable!! Looking to spend no more than $100/night. Any recommendations?

Edited: 15 October 2013, 19:05
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations near the Sports Arena

Any of the hotels around USC would do, but if it were me, I'd rather stay Downtown and take the Metro Expo Line to the Sports Arena. You'd have to up your budget though as $100 is very low for anywhere in Los Angeles. Even the Vagabond Inn near USC is $139 per nights. Up your budget to $150 (plus tax) and you can get the USC Radisson

Edited: 15 October 2013, 19:19
San Diego
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations near the Sports Arena

Not looking to mess with public transportation. Everyone will be trying to catch a cab or train at the exact same time. Been there, done that. Being preg, I know I'll be tired and ready for bed. I'll check into the Radisson. Thanks!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,716 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations near the Sports Arena

If it were me, I'd stay in downtown L.A. and simply take a taxi to the Sports Arena. Downtown is a lot more interesting and the hotels, as a rule are nicer. From the center of downtown, near the metro rail station at 7th St & Flower St (aka the 7th St/Metro Center station), it's a 6 minute taxi ride (about 1/2 the 'transfer time' as walking from the Radisson) to the Sports Arena.

The Sheraton Downtown Los Angeles has a taxi queue (and is one of a dozen hotels in the area) so you should have no trouble getting a taxi quickly. If you're worried about it, you can arrange for a taxi in advance but I don't think you have anything to worry about. You'll like the idea of 'door to door' service as you'll no doubt have to do some walking into and inside of the Sports Arena so why tire yourself with a 13 minute walk just to get to the outside of the arena?

If you hurry, OloHotels.com is offering the hotel for $165. If you're set on the Radisson, Booking.com is offering it for $95. Do not wait to book wherever you choose.

San Diego
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations near the Sports Arena

HopSkipJump, thanks for the info. We've stayed downtown before for other events. I'm not worried about getting TO the venue...but I don't want to mess with fighting thousands of other people for a cab after the concert. That goes for the train too. I've done that before, trying to find a cab after the concert lets out and it sucks. Being pregnant I think it would be especially sucky. I'd much rather have our hotel be nearby so we can go straight there. I think I'm pretty set on the Radisson.

Thank you for the advice about Booking.com. I looked into it and it's pricing the room at $151, which is what Priceline gave me as well.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodations near the Sports Arena

Cool, enjoy the show. Hope you like the new album. :-)

Edited: 15 October 2013, 21:27
6. Re: Accommodations near the Sports Arena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 06:19